Best Router for Chromecast Streaming – So, maybe you have one already, from 5 years ago, but have noticed how bad it performs when streaming video. Here’s the truth about WiFi: If you don’t go big, you get poor streaming (take into account your bandwidth as well — make sure you perform a speed test regularly).
But don’t worry, “big” is only $136-$220, a one-time expense for a router that will last you at least three to five years. Plus, you don’t want to “cheapen” your streaming video experience. Face it. It’s time to upgrade!
1.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
Rightly tagged as Amazon’s Choice, the NETGEAR Nighthawk is among the best routers for Chromecast out there. It is an 802.11 AC/AD quad-stream wave 2 router and has a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor.
It can offer up to 4600 + 1733 + 800 Mbps speed. It has a Plex media server that enables you to use your media from your USB to your Nighthawk router. It offers the fastest processor for VR gaming, 4K streaming, surfing, and more.
It comes with DFS channels in 4 GHz. The Nighthawk app is easy to work with and will help you set the router up quite easily. You can set up, test, and run using your mobile and nothing else. It has 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz ; 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- AP mode, can be switched to access point mode to share your internet wirelessly
- Supports guest WiFi and parental control, an ideal wireless router for home
- TP-Link tether app - easily set up and manage your home network at home or remotely
- Connectivity Technology: Ethernet
If you are looking for an affordable and reliable option, the TP-Link Archer is the right choice for you. You can upgrade to 1200 Mbps AC Wi-Fi and enjoy 4K videos with utmost ease. Let’s take a look at some of its features:
Download the TP-Link Tether App and set up your entire home network with utmost ease. It is simple and seamless. With the USB access, you can wirelessly share the content such as on your USB drive.
The three external antennae ensure better connectivity and stronger coverage. The antennae are removable. It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Extended your Wi-Fi coverage with powerful internal MIMO antennas
- 802.11N concurrent dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) wireless Repeater with speeds up to 300 Mbps
- One-touch setup and Hassle-Free connectivity
- Stream music with ASUS AiPlayer app and your favorite internet radio stations
- Signal strength indicators let you know real time coverage while a rear mounted White accent LED light gently illuminates hallways and dark spaces
Supporting 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band transmissions, this router lets you enjoy speeds up to 600 Mbps. In other words, it is the perfect buy if you are looking for regular movie streaming and nothing over the top such as high-end online gaming experiences.
You can use it with IEEE 802.11 A/B/G/N networking standards. It has wireless compatibility of 5.8 GHz radio frequency.
If you find difficulty connecting it with your Chromecast, here’s what you can do. Enable IGMP Snooping. You will find this option under Advanced Settings > Wireless > Professional. If you are still facing a problem, you may want to talk to the Asus technical support team.
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi Router Made for Gamers: Leading edge 1.8 GHz 64 bit Quad-core CPU and 1G RAM accelerates loading
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports and 1 Gigabit WAN port, with Link Aggregation, you can team two ports to double connection speed
- AC5400 Tri-band Wi-Fi over one 2.4 GHz (1000Mbps) and two 5 GHz bands (2167Mbps), dedicate one band to gaming traffic.
- MU-MIMO and AirTime Fairness maximize total throughput and response rates.
- Range boost strengthens reception and Beamforming sends targeted Wi-Fi to keep devices connected at farther distances than other wireless internet routers
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.
- Dynamic optimization prioritizes traffic to eradicate latency
Among the more popular Chromecast compatible routers, the TP-Link AD7200 uses the 802.11 AD wireless technology to provide smooth and reliable connectivity in the entire house.
It uses the MU-MIMO technology to provide multi-user support so that you use your devices at the same time without problems. The 1.4 GHz dual-core CPU enables you to enjoy fast connection without any interruptions.
You can stream 4K movies or share a plethora of files through the 60 GHz band. The Wi-Fi router can reach speeds of up to 7200 Mbps due to the presence of multiple bands. It has 2 USB 3.0 ports.
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
The Linksys Max-Stream router is a little more conservative than other routers on this list, but it strikes a great balance between reasonable price and performance.
This router will handle 4K streaming and everything else you do online, and its network management app lets you prioritize specific devices in your network when you want all your bandwidth to be dedicated to your binge-watching marathon.
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
This router is unique in that it’s optimized specifically for gaming. It’ll work for any purpose, of course, and some of its gaming features—like Adaptive QoS—can work to prioritize your streaming data.
It also has exceptional range, thanks to the large size and unique antenna design.
7.D-Link Wireless AC
- Wireless AC1750 Dual band performance
- Backward compatible with your wireless devices
- Enhanced coverage with AC smart Beam technology and high-powered Amplifier
- Connect four of your devices with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Stream and share your files with mydlink share port
- Remote Access: Remote access for network management in the palm of your hand with the free mydlink lite mobile app
- Media Sharing: Wirelessly access your favorite media from a connected USB storage drive with the free mydlink Share Port app
- Coverage: Designed with a high-powered amplifier to provide wireless coverage to every corner of home
- Performance: Performance with wireless AC1750 and four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Easy Setup: Intelligent setup using web browser wizard or with the free Quick Router Setup (QRS) mobile app
- Share Port Plus: Easily share printers, USB storage devices and multi-function devices
At dollars, this is a much better router for the price. You get a fast router, with great WiFi coverage, plus, USB 3.0 support.
It has a vertical cylindrical design and includes common features found in high-end routers including guest networking, iPv6, port forwarding, QoS (quality of service), and firewall. What you have is an advanced router, for a more reasonable price.
Best Router for Chromecast Streaming – Most modern routers can handle video streaming. But if you’re looking for the absolute best for your 4K streaming experience, we recommend the Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream router.
It has speeds fast enough for streaming, gaming, and other bandwidth-hogging activities without buffering.