Best Router for Cox High Speed Internet – No wonder Cox is a wonderful ISP that offers fantastic and reliable internet connections all across the nation. However, paying a rental fee for using their modem is the biggest shortcoming of using a Cox connection.
Well, you can overcome it by purchasing your own Cox-supported modem-router as it will be more profitable for you in the long run. That said, we have shortlisted some of the best routers for Cox, which not only perform well but also have affordable pricing as well.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ARRIS SURFboard SBG10
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
If you are looking for a modem router combo that you can use at your office, modem-routers from ARRIS are one of the best options that you can check out as it’s a highly popular brand for manufacturing reliable and feature-rich devices.
This SURFboard modem router surely deserves the 2nd position in this list because of its high build quality and fair pricing. The SBG10 is a perfect modem router for a budget of around . It’s great to note that it features 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels, which helps it support cable internet plans up to 400Mbps. Thus, if you have a Cox subscription, this DOCSIS 3.0 modem router isn’t going to disappoint you at all.back to menu ↑
- Wave 2 Wireless Internet Router, 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band, Works with Amazon Alexa
- MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, Three simultaneous data streams help your devices achieve optimal performance by making communication more efficient
Tp-Link Archer A9 is an AC1900 dual-band router and comes under $100. It can deliver maximum combined WiFi speeds up to 1.9Gbps. The 2.4Ghz delivers 600Mbps, and the 5Ghz band delivers 1300Mbps. It boasts MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology which ensure faster and highly efficient wireless connection. The A9 also offers high-end security such as firewall, VPN, and WPA2 type protocol.
The overall design of the router is amazing, on the back of it has four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports along with one USB 3.0 port. For coverage and range, it has three high-powered external antennas that work flawlessly with MU-MIMO and beamforming technology.back to menu ↑
- Provides up to 2,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 20plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App. A mobile device with Android 4.4 or iOS 9 and higher, Bluetooth preferred
You will not only love Linksys’ Tri-Band parental controls but also its broad range of customization options. This Wi-Fi router allows you to upgrade your home internet connection with its exceptional wireless speeds.
I love the fact that it can cover up to 1,500 square feet and connect to more than 15 wireless devices. As a result, it perfectly suits my large household.
The Tri-band technology means that every corner of my house gets faster and even internet connection without buffering. Well, this is because the router can reach speeds of up to 2.2. Gbps.back to menu ↑
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
Although ASUS is not primarily a router brand, it still offers some amazing routers which are ideal for gamers, not only in terms of performance but also because of their designs.
We personally love the design of this modem router as it looks quite aesthetic and the 4 external antennas make it look even more advanced. This unit offers you DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 cable modem along with an AC2500 Wi-Fi 5 router which is a great combination to have, especially if your internet usage is heavy. Thus, you should definitely utilize the 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports which are given at the back of this modem router.back to menu ↑
5.NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
That said, you should check out the NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500 as it is one of the most affordable modem options that you can use with your Cox internet connection. The fact that it seamlessly connects and works with any Wi-Fi router makes it the most versatile modem option to get.
The max supported speed by this DOCSIS 3.0 modem is about 400Mbps, but that’s the case if you have a Spectrum connection. In the case of Cox connection, it supports up to 150Mbps plans which are good enough if you want a modem for regular home usage. Apart from that, you also get a single Gigabit Ethernet port on this modem which you can either connect directly to your PC or use with a Wi-Fi router.back to menu ↑
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
Last but not the least, we have yet another premium option from Motorola to discuss. If you liked the previous Motorola product that we discussed, you will definitely like this one a lot more.
The Motorola MG7700 comes with 24×8 channel bonding, which means the connection’s stability will be top-notch, just as you expect from a premium router modem like this one. Although it’s a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, it delivers speeds up to 1000Mbps while supporting all cable plans up to 650Mbps. That said, it’s a perfect choice for you if you are using a high-speed Cox connection.back to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
Netgear is one of the most versatile brands in the market when it comes to devices like routers and modems. You can pretty much find a router or modem of any category depending on your budget from Netgear.
This option from Netgear holds 1st position in this list because of its attractive pricing and feature-full specifications. Speaking about the WiFi Router Combo C6220 device, it is compatible with all the major ISPs including Cox. Since this modem router is engineered with 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0, it supports internet plans of Xfinity up to 200Mbps, Cox up to 150Mbps, and 100Mbps plans from Spectrum.back to menu ↑
Best Router for Cox High Speed Internet – So, if you have read this article up to this section, you must have seen all the best routers for Cox that we have mentioned in the list for you. In the list, we have tried to mix up and include all the best routers in all price ranges so that you can find a perfect router for yourself according to your budget.