Best Router for Cox – Although getting the best router for Cox cable internet is not easy, it is not an impossible mission either, more so, it is cheaper and you get to enjoy a host of other amazing benefits including faster Wi-Fi, more wireless coverage, and better security.
There are lots of routers out there and not all of them work well with Cox. After careful examination and thorough research, we have come up with the 5 best routers for cox, including router-modem combos. This is because you need a router and a modem to set up your cox internet, and if you don’t have either, then you might want to consider our router-modem combo options for Cox
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
Netgear is one of the most versatile brands in the market when it comes to devices like routers and modems. You can pretty much find a router or modem of any category depending on your budget from Netgear.
This option from Netgear holds 1st position in this list because of its attractive pricing and feature-full specifications. Speaking about the WiFi Router Combo C6220 device, it is compatible with all the major ISPs including Cox. Since this modem router is engineered with 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0, it supports internet plans of Xfinity up to 200Mbps, Cox up to 150Mbps, and 100Mbps plans from Spectrum.back to menu ↑
2.ARRIS SURFboard SBG10
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
If you are looking for a modem router combo that you can use at your office, modem-routers from ARRIS are one of the best options that you can check out as it’s a highly popular brand for manufacturing reliable and feature-rich devices.
This SURFboard modem router surely deserves the 2nd position in this list because of its high build quality and fair pricing. The SBG10 is a perfect modem router for a budget of around $100. It’s great to note that it features 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels, which helps it support cable internet plans up to 400Mbps. Thus, if you have a Cox subscription, this DOCSIS 3.0 modem router isn’t going to disappoint you at all.back to menu ↑
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem - Has 4 GigE ethernet ports for wired connections. Active Queue Management (AQM) reduces lag for faster page loads and enhanced interactive applications. Backwards compatible with 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0. Supports gigabit speed.*
- Powerful 4x4 wifi 5 router - Power Boost, Range Boost, and AnyBeam WiFi beamforming enable quality streaming, gaming, and connecting throughout the home. MU-MIMO seamlessly manages multiple device connections.
If you are a tech enthusiast and want to try out the latest technologies available, Motorola is one such brand that offers you a variety of modem router devices equipped with the latest hardware and features.
We are glad to put this modem router in the 3rd position in this list as it’s one of the most premium options, and comes with plenty of latest features. That said, the Motorola MG8702 is the only modem router in this list that uses the DOCSIS 3.1 standard. Hence, this is an extremely powerful modem that supports internet plans up to 1Gbps. There are a total of 4 GigE ethernet ports for wired connections, and it also uses Active Queue Management (AQM) to make your internet experience smoother by reducing any unnecessary lags.back to menu ↑
4.TP-Link 16×4 AC1750
- Tp-link Archer Cr700 Ieee 802.11ac Cable Modem/wireless Router - 2.40 Ghz Ism Band - 5 Ghz Unii Band - 6 X Antenna(6 X Internal - 1750 Mbit/s Wireless Speed - 4 X Network Port - Usb - Gigabit Ethernet - Yes Desktop
Although TP-Link is most popular for selling the cheapest best quality modem and router devices in the market. We have picked up one of its premium offerings to mention here in this list for you.
First of all, you will definitely love its design and build quality as it looks no cheaper than any flagship router out there. Speaking of its features, it boasts about 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, which lets it deliver up to 680Mbps download speeds on wired connections. Speaking about wireless speeds, it is capable of reaching up to 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds while 450Mbps is offered by the 2.4GHz band, and the rest of the 1300Mbps is handled by the 5GHz band.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS Modem Router
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
Although ASUS is not primarily a router brand, it still offers some amazing routers which are ideal for gamers, not only in terms of performance but also because of their designs.
We personally love the design of this modem router as it looks quite aesthetic and the 4 external antennas make it look even more advanced. This unit offers you DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 cable modem along with an AC2500 Wi-Fi 5 router which is a great combination to have, especially if your internet usage is heavy. Thus, you should definitely utilize the 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports which are given at the back of this modem router.back to menu ↑
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, AC1900 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 4 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
Although this modem router is a bit on the expensive side, its build quality and amazing wireless speeds do justify the pricing really well. If you are concerned about the modem, it also has a similar DOCSIS 3.0 modem to the previous SURFboard modem router we discussed. But, the good part is that you can get download speeds up to 686Mbps from this cable modem which you can get from using any of the 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Apart from that, it also boasts one of the finest AC1900 dual-band routers which forms an amazing combination with such a powerful modem. While the 16 downstream & 4 upstream bonded channels allow you to experience the best internet connectivity, the dual-band router allows you to enjoy wonderful speeds in every corner of your house with its extensive coverage. Moreover, with the help of the SURFboard Manager app, you can set up and manage your device quite easily.back to menu ↑
7.NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
In case you already have a router at home and want to upgrade to a new modem, Netgear is surely one of the best brands to pick your new modem from.
That said, you should check out the NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500 as it is one of the most affordable modem options that you can use with your Cox internet connection. The fact that it seamlessly connects and works with any Wi-Fi router makes it the most versatile modem option to get.back to menu ↑
Best Router for Cox – What is the best router for cox? Our top pick is the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000, it is our overall best cox compatible router in terms of cost, performance alongside other top-notch features.
Our top best pick modem router combo is the Netgear Nighthawk C7000, it is the best modem router combo for cox in all ramifications.