Best Router for Dd Wrt – Now that you know the science behind DD-WRT routers doing the rest is easier than you think. The concept of a DD-WRT router is to keep it running fast and efficiently. You get much better bandwidth, and you can practice port forwarding too.
Having said that, the best DD-WRT router for most people is the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200. It features an impressive configuration setup with a seamless interface. From a performance perspective, this router is better for experts. It’s a user-friendly choice and has a vast majority of features to look forward to.
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X6
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- Smart parental controls: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. Set online time limits, schedule device internet access, and more for dollar 4.99/month (1st month free trial).
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats. Get peace of mind knowing you have the best-in-class anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 is an upgraded and versatile router. With tri-band operations and Genie software, this best DD-WRT router beats all. The interface for both installation and overall performance is very impressive. I loved the high-grade security this router offers to most users.
The best part about this router is the fact that it offers 3,200 Mbps bandwidth no matter when. It even boasts of both manual and automatic configurations.
Starting with the design of the router, it offers a sleek and angular build. The geometrically lined grille has a neat, beast-like appearance. The 13 LEDs at the bottom provide clear notifications for when the bands and ports are activated. Lastly, the six durable antennas help achieve great signal for speedy performance.
2.ASUS ROG Rapture
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported - Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
The ASUS AC5300 Wireless boasts of dynamic technical features. When it comes to wireless connectivity and specifications, it’s a fair competitor.
The external eight antennas offer high-quality performance while eliminating collisions. Such acceleration in transfer rates helps this best DD-WRT router every time. All thanks to the 4T4R configuration of the antennas.
That said, this router would be perfect for hardcore gamers. It features MU-MIMO technology that offers multiple user input and output. Consider this beast as something you’d use to specialize in gaming on a whole new level. It supports 4K video streaming, whether you’re using it at home or in the office. It features dual USB ports with a transfer rate capacity of 5-GHz.
- AC1900 WIFI SPEEDS Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- DUAL BAND WIFI—Faster connections to more Wi Fi networks.System Requirements: Windows OS or Mac OS computer. Best performance with USB 3.0; compatible with USB 2.0 Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, (32/64 bit). Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- MULTIPLE OS SUPPORT—Compatible with Mac and Windows. The Windows standalone diver allows you to use a built in windows configuration tool to connect the adapter to a WiFi network
- 3x4 MIMO DESIGN—More bandwidth capacity when downloading and uploading data to and from the wireless network
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER— Connects to any Wi Fi and for extreme Wi Fi speed
There’s nothing about the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 that you won’t love. It features 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi capacity, thanks to its dual-core 1-GHz processor. It’s one of the best deals to find. Especially if you’re looking for beamforming reliability and 100% robust streaming prioritization.
This best DD-WRT router is the exemplary model for its Dynamic QoS streaming features. It comes with durable amplifiers and active external antennas.
The user-friendly interface, cutting-edge performance, and skill are hard to beat. Not to mention, the 100% wireless coverage makes it perfect for all types of gaming. If that’s what you’re into!
- 600Mbps of total available bandwidth, which includes 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 300Mbps at 5GHz
- 2 external detachable dual band antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
- 1 USB Port - Easily share a printer locally and files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
- Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
- IP-based Bandwidth Control makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of individual devices connected to the router
- Easily setup a WPA encrypted connection at a push of the WPS button
- Live Parental Controls allow parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff
- TP-LINK Live 24/7 Technical Support
TP-Link is popular for offering cost-effective products to everyone. The TP-Link N600 is yet another stellar creation with dual-band connection. It comes with a 300 Mbps range with 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz processing power. It offers dual USB ports, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a WPS button.
You can transfer and print media easily over the internet. The gigabit ports provide seamless and speedy transfer speeds. And thanks to the WAN to LAN throughput, this router offers blazing fast performance. Another one of its convincing benefits is acting as an FTP server. So this keeps the router secure and efficient right out of the box.
- Ultimate Wi-Fi performance with AC3150 Dual Band speeds (1,000 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 2,167 Mbps in 5GHz) for a ridiculously fast home network
- Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 1024-NitroQAM technology
- The powerful 1.4GHz Dual Core processor gives you incredibly fast wired and wireless speeds
- Extreme Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices simultaneously with MU-MIMO technology
- Advanced SmartConnect allocates the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance
- Advanced AC SmartBeam tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range throughout your home
- Intelligent QoS traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Intuitive user interface for easy installation and network management from your mobile devices or desktop
Ever used a tri-band DD-WRT router with blazing fast internet? The D-Link AC3200 offers dual 1,300 Mbps and dual 600 Mbps. This is possible because of its three high-powered wireless bands. A beast it rightfully is but not without a proper price tag.
It offers better design and performance. And I’m confident you’ll love its attractive shape and glossy finish. The ventilation is plenty to keep the internal hardware under normal temperature. Regardless of its upgraded hardware feature, heating is not going to be a problem.
6.Linksys RE7000 AC1900
- ELIMINATE DEAD ZONES AND BOOST AC1900 plus WIFI RANGE: Extend your home WiFi to hard-to-reach locations in your home such as your backyard, garage, or bedroom so you get AC1900 plus WiFi speeds to Smart TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, iPads, tablets, laptops and smartphones to enjoy streaming 4K / HD movies, simultaneous online gaming, social media, and more.The RE7000 has a slim, compact design: plug it into the bottom A/C outlet and you'll still have access to the outlet just above it.
- EXTEND NEXT-GEN AC WIFI TO MULTIPLE USERS WITH MULTI USER-MIMO: Next-Gen AC with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology ensures your WiFi is delivered faster and with more efficient throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. This means your whole household can surf the Internet, stream 4K and HD movies, play online games, and more simultaneously--without annoying buffering or lag.
- ROOM-TO-ROOM WIFI WITH SEAMLESS ROAMING: The AC1900 plus Range Extender offers Seamless Roaming as you move around your home when linked with a Max-Stream WiFi router. With Seamless Roaming, your enabled wireless devices will automatically switch to the strongest WiFi signal, so you won't have to manually connect to the router or range extender when you move from one room to another--or even to your backyard. This means that you can move freely throughout your home while video chatting or streaming videos without experiencing dropped calls or buffering.
- WORKS WITH ALL WIFI ROUTERS: This range extender is compatible with any WiFi router, including those from Internet service providers. There's no need to adjust your router's settings when installing the extender.
- EASY SETUP OPTIONS FOR OPTIMAL PLACEMENT: Simply press the Push Button Connect feature on the MAX-STREAM AC1900 plus to automatically sync it to your router. Simple setup from a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- BEAMFORMING AND CROSSBAND FOR RELIABLE CONNECTIVITY: Linksys range extenders provide a reliable connection that allows you to enjoy uninterrupted gaming and HD streaming with Cross Band Technology to maximize simultaneous use of both bands for high speed connection
- CONNECT A WIRED DEVICE WITH GIGABIT ETHERNET PORT: Connect a game console, Blu-ray player, or Smart TV to the AC1900's Gigabit Ethernet port to enjoy WiFi up to 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet.
- DUAL BANDS FOR FASTER SPEED AND RELIABILITY: The range extender offers dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for combined speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps--double the performance of single band. Newer wireless-AC devices are routed to the higher-speed 5 GHz band, while older wireless-N and G devices utilize the 2.4 GHz band.
- EXPAND YOUR WIFI NETWORK WITH ACCESS POINT MODE: You can configure the RE7000 range extender to act as an AC access point to extend your home WiFi and reduce dead zones. Access Point Mode allows you to add WiFi capabilities to your existing home wired network.
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
As far as performance goes, the Linksys AC1900 Router is a class apart. It offers 1,900 Mbps with 1.6-GHz dual-core processing power. It offers an impressive range and an easy setup. To be fair, it is Linksys’s best wireless router yet. So there’s a lot of new features and upgrades this best DD-WRT router boasts of.
The OpenWRT and DD-WRT open-source firmware make all the difference. It packs a faster CPU and client performance. The router also comes with 256MB RAM alongside 128MB of flash. The TRENDnet component also features an additional 16MB of flash for extra safekeeping. So what’s so great about this dual-band wireless router?
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GigaHertz dual core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP).
- ASUS Protection powered by Trend Micro ensures your online experience is safe and secure. By combining automatic vulnerability detection, malicious site blocking and parental controls, Protection keeps everyone safe and sound | VPN client : PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
- Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results
ASUS offers an excellent range of networking routers. They’re not just known for their graphic cards and motherboards. That
said, the ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100 is a big deal in the networking world. It is the second gaming-specific wireless router. It even features a couple of game-driven customizations to enhance its performance.
Starting with the design, this router looks more hardcore than other models. It stands out, despite its standard red/black design. The multiple LED indicators offer easy accessibility. It includes power, WAN connectivity, WPS, USB port, and much more.
Best Router for Dd Wrt – This detailed guide is for people who want a secure DD-WRT router to support. Not all wireless routers come with VPN and DD-WRT enabled settings. That’s why this guide is so important to most of you, especially first-timers. The guide has all the dirt focused on performance and deliverance. And that can help you in case you’re stuck somewhere.