Best Router for Google Fiber – The right choice of the router depends on the landscape of your house, nature, and volume of usage. The clarity in requirements is imperative for finding the best router. Please feel free to look beyond the aforementioned list if the requirements are not in tune with the scenarios mentioned.
- High Speed WiFi 6 Interent Router: AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi speed boosted by 1024QAM deliver wireless speed up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Highly efficient: OFDMA increases average throughput by 4x in high density scenarios, compared with an 802.11ac standard wireless internet router; More devices can use Wi-Fi at the same time
- Long Range WiFi Coverage: 8 high-gain external antennas deliver a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home. BSS colour technology ensures smooth and stable connections by eliminate signal interference probably from your neighbours, while Beamforming and Range Boost deliver stronger and far-reaching network
- Powerful Processing: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and 2 co-processors eradicate latency and deliver stable Performance
- Ultra-Connectivity: 1 × 2.5Gbps WAN port, 8 × Gigabit LAN ports, and 2 × USB 3.0 in Type A and Type C
- Advanced security with TP-Link HomeCare: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring Next-level Antivirus, Robust Parental Controls, and QoS*
- OneMesh Compatible: Simply form a Mesh network with a single Wi-Fi name for seamless whole-home coverage. Just connect a OneMesh range extender to a OneMesh router. No more searching around for a stable connection.
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
The TP-Link AX6000 brings the power of a strong quad-core processor and a copious amount of ethernet ports and operating memory. It gives a run for the money amongst its competitors like Netgear AX6000 by offering more value-added features.
TP-Link builds upon its previous models Archer C5400X, by adding support to the latest WiFi and encryption standards. Archer AX6000 brings higher individual top speeds, a multi-gigabit WAN port, and better coverage.
- The most powerful mesh system: AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger Wi-Fi system with 802.11ax technology as wireless backhaul to transmit data between two RT-AX92U, ensuring the most stable Wi-Fi for connected devices
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Most connections for any mesh system solution with 4 x lan, 1 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0 ports giving you connections for your wired devices. OS Support - Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8, Linux
- Commercial-grade network security for family – AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Ax technology: with ofdma and mu mimo, AiMesh AX6100 Wi-Fi system enables more efficient, stable, and faster transmission even when multiple devices are transmitting data at the same time
The ASUS RT-AX92U brings the comfort of a Tri-band operation and support to WTFast gamer’s private network over the other model AX82U, priced similarly. The addition of extra frequency avoids congestion when more devices are operating simultaneously.
The AX92U is capable of a total speed of 6100mbps and individual top speeds of 400mbps on 2.4GHz and 867mbps, 4804mbps on its secondary and primary 5GHz bands. The tri-band operation offers more bandwidth for multiple devices operating within 1800 sq ft.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 10.8Gbps Wi-Fi speed. Works with existing and new Wi-Fi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- QUICK SET UP: Get connected in just minutes
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 2.5G Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.8GHz triple-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one Wi-Fi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN and more
The Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 gets the strength of the Tri-Core processor and 160MHz channel support. The RAX50 was chosen over the latest model, i.e., RAX70, despite its advantage over a more powerful processor, owing to its support for great internet speeds at a little less price.
The combined speed of 5.4Gbps with individual top speeds of 600mbps on 2.4GHz and 4800mbps on 5GHz gives sufficient bandwidth for over 25 devices operating across a large surface area of 2500 sq ft, making it suitable for medium-sized homes.
4.TP-Link Archer AX50
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6(802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
- Next-gen 3 Gaps speeds: 4-Stream Dual Band router reaches incredible speeds up to 3 Gaps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band) for faster streaming and gaming like you have never experienced before.
- Connect more devices than ever before: simultaneously communicate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Minimize lag For all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming online, or even video chatting with up to 75% reduced lag.
- Increased battery life for devices: target wake time technology reduces your devices' Power consumption to extend their battery life.
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.*
- Easy setup and Backwards Compatible: set up your router in minutes with the powerful TP-Link tether app. Archer AX50 supports all previous 802.11 standards and all Wi-Fi devices
In search of the support for the latest wireless standards on value for money offerings bring us to the TP-Link Archer AX50. The router sports a sleek body and a futuristic design while also packing excellent features to handle fiber optic internet from Google.
The sub $150 router achieves a high speed of up to 574mbps on 2.4GHz and a maximum of 2402mbps on 5GHz, owing to its support of the latest wireless standards, aka WiFi 6. Stream movies at high definition, play & stream games at high quality and attend business meetings at the same time in 2000 sq ft house.
5.Linksys WiFi 5 Router
- Intelligent Tri Band router with Net Gen. 1.8GHz Quad Core CPU and 3 offload processors to release your WiFi performance and provide 3 Ultra high speed WiFi bands up to 4 Gbps
- Next Gen AC Wi Fi + MU MIMO + Airtime fairness improves network efficiency and provides ultra fast Wi Fi speeds to all your home and home office devices at the same time, same speed. Smart Connect intelligently selects the best radio band for your wireless device
- Advanced Beamforming with 9 high power amplifiers extend and maximize performance and coverage for both 2.4GHz & 5GHz. Minimum System Requirements:Latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari (for Mac and iPad), Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer version 8 and newer
- 6 active high gain antennas expand WiFi range throughout a large size home; 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired speeds 10x faster than standard Ethernet for printers, game consoles and Smart TVs
- Auto firmware updates always keep your router updated with latest features and security measures
- Works with Amazon Alexa
With the improved internet speeds and better coverage compared to its predecessor MR8300, the Linksys MR9000 takes place in this list. It’s a tri-band router that can handle Google Fiber connections with relative ease. Let’s learn more to figure out whether or not you should consider investing in it.
The Linksys router has individual top speeds of 400mbps on 2.4GHz while 867mbps and 1733mbps on dual 5GHz bands, which is sufficient for gaming, HD streaming via Firestick in a medium to large household measuring 2500 sq ft.
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good
- Whole Home Wi-Fi Coverage - Cover up to 5800 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering Better than traditional Wi-Fi booster
- Connect More Devices - With Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Deco X20 (3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi. Smartphone/Tablet Requirements: iOS 9.0 or later; Android 4.4 or later
- Easy Setup and Management - The Deco app helps you set up your network in minutes with clear visual guidance and keeps you in control even when you are not home; Works with Alexa as well Turn on or off Guest Wi-Fi by simple voice commands
- Peace of Mind with Parental Controls - Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize Wi-Fi access for every person and device in your home
- Each Deco X20 has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports(6 in total for a 3-pack) and supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul for better speeds. Any of them can work as a Wi-Fi Router
- Works with all internet service provider (ISP) such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers). Ideal for any internet plan up to 1 Gbps
Having the advantage of the amicable presence over its predecessors, the TP-Link Deco X20 makes this list owing to price advantage, ease of installation/management, and its extended coverage.
A total speed of 1800mbps and the individual top speeds of 600mbps on 2.4GHz and 1200mbps on 5GHz makes it ideal for a high-speed internet connection in an automated home with multiple floors as large as 4000 sq ft.
7.NETGEAR Nighthawk R7350
- Key Features Extreme WiFi speed for gaming—Up to 2400Mbps MU-MIMO—Simultaneous streaming of data for multiple devices Advanced QoS for lag-free gaming & uninterrupted video streaming Extreme range with high-power amplifiers & external antennas for best connectivity Beamforming+ for improved WiFi range & performance across both 2.4 and 5GHz devices Powerful processor—Dual-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections Nighthawk App—Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes access from anywhere to manage your network away from home USB 3.0 for up to 10 times faster access to your stored media than USB 2.0 Free backup software for Windows based computers to automatically safeguard your files Airtime Fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- Technical Specifications R7350 (600Mbps 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps 5GHz) Simultaneous dual band WiFi --Tx/Rx 3x3 (2.4GHz) + 4x4 (5GHz) Implicit & explicit Beamforming Powerful dual-core processor Memory: 128MB flash and 256MB RAM Downstream & Upstream QoS automatically recognize & prioritize applications ReadySHARE USB Access—Share & access your USB hard drive IPv6 Support (Internet Protocol Version 6) On/off LED lights option
- Standards One (1) USB 3.0 port IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz + 256-QAM support IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz Five (5) 10/100/1000Mbps—(1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Package Contents Nighthawk R7350 Smart WiFi Router (R7350) Three (3) detachable antennas Ethernet cable Quick start guide Power adapter
The Netgear R6700 brings features like Beamforming, Armor Cybersecurity, and VPN support at a $100 price point. When compared to its previous model R7000, which sports the same hardware, albeit with an extra USB 2.0 port.
The router can put the high-speed Google Fiber internet connection to use with its high speed of 600mbps on 2.4GHz and 1733mbps on 5GHz. The router can handle up to 25+ devices spread across an area of 2500 sq ft, making it suitable for medium-sized homes.
Best Router for Google Fiber – If you are one of the privileged few to have access to ultra-fast internet from Google, you need to ensure that your router can handle and optimally use the high gigabit speeds. Don’t let the complexity of technical terms stop you from getting the best router for your Fiber Optic connection.
If you are wondering about the compatibility of the router to the Google Fiber or you are apprehensive about setting up the router on your own or you are unaware of the advantages of mesh WiFi systems over the traditional routers in various scenarios. The article clarifies your doubts and guides you choose the best router.