Best Router for kodi – There are a lot of routers on the market and it can get really confusing to try to pick the best one. If you’re like me, you probably keep your routers for several years and really don’t think about them until they stop connecting when you want them to.
If you spend a lot of time watching TV, shouldn’t you have a router for streaming TV…or at least one that lets you stream wherever want to be in your house?
Hopefully this has given you a little more info on how a router works and what features to look for.
Pros & Cons
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GigaHertz dual core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP).
- ASUS Protection powered by Trend Micro ensures your online experience is safe and secure. By combining automatic vulnerability detection, malicious site blocking and parental controls, Protection keeps everyone safe and sound | VPN client : PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
- Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results
If you want a small, unassuming router that blends in with the rest of your electronics, the ASUS RT-AC88U (check prices on Amazon) really isn’t the router for you. Seriously, this thing looks like a cross between a Lamborghini and a spaceship.
Make that a HUGE spaceship. This think is massive – sitting at just under 12 inches across by 8 inches deep.
It needs that extra real-estate to fit eight (count ’em 8!) gigabit Ethernet ports. Two of them have link aggregation capability. In English that means you can plug a single device (like a NAS) with two network adapters into those ports and double your network throughput all the way up to 2 Gbps.
2.Google Wifi – AC1200
Pros & Cons
I decided to go with a mesh network in my home because I wanted consistent coverage whether I was sitting on my front porch or working in my garage. Even though I don’t have a large house by any means, a single router would have had holes in the coverage no matter where I put it.
It’s also extremely simple to set up and use. Everything is done through Google’s app with a simplicity that even my mother could understand. Sure, it doesn’t give you anywhere near as many options as the ASUS, but it’s got the important stuff: guest networks, parental controls and the ability to track usage by device.
3.NETGEAR Nighthawk 4-Stream
Pros & Cons
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
WiFi 6 router is becoming a new normal in the smart router category. Video streaming lovers must consider this technology in their home and office routers. Undoubtedly, it enhances the signal speed while strengthening the connection to provide an immersive digital experience. Besides, it is an ideal update to your small or medium routers that are not even modern yet and struggle to provide WiFi connectivity to all your smart devices.
Apart from proofreading speed, it has impressive built-in features that will attract you at first. However, the design is quite traditional and awful than the latest routes coming in the market. Also, the best router for Kodi takes your streaming and playing experience to the next level with multi-gig LAN/WAN compatibility that runs at the speed of up to 5Gbps. A couple of Ethernet cable ports with 2Gbps support are also stealing the show at this price range.
If you are after a fast-speed and dual-band router, Linksys EA7500 Max-stream WiFi router is your ideal choice. With the wired and wireless connectivity options, this unit is winning hearts by providing complete control over multiple networks via easy customization.
Linksys EA7500 smart router supports a maximum 600 Mbps speed on the 2.4Ghz band, whereas 1,300 Mbps speed supports the 5GHz band. Whether streaming 4K videos on the online platforms or connecting gaming consoles, this router aims to ensure stability and speed throughout the usage. Moreover, the MU-MIMO technology of the router makes it one of the best routers for Kodi because it takes care of the network strength while multiple devices are connected. Yes, no matter how many devices you connect simultaneously, they will receive the same treatment with this smart router.
5.TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500
After smart TV and smartphones, we present you smart router with exceptional speed from TP-Link, one of the famous brands in the router industry. The brand never disappoints us and introduces the latest technology in their routers to improve the end-user experience.
AX1500 smart WiFi router is one of the best routers that strive hard not to ruin your streaming and playing experience with annoying lag or buffering. The router continuously adjusts the network’s speed according to your use. About speed, the router has a potential bandwidth speed of 300 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1,201 Mbps on the 5GHz, which are impressive stats for heavy digital usage in homes and offices.
Sometimes, your wireless network just needs a bit of a push. When it comes to dealing with poor connectivity in your apartment or home, wireless range extenders like the Netgear EX3700 (AC75) are an effective option to ensure your internet reaches everywhere you want it to. Even better, it probably won’t cost you as much as shelling out for a premium mesh router.
The Netgear EX3700 Wi-Fi Range Extender (AC750) is a viable choice for those looking to save some serious cash, as it offers a decent range boost at a low price, though it does cut a few corners in terms of design and sturdiness.
The wireless network speeds seemed like they were standing still for a while through the AC1200 and AC1900 times, but lucky for all of us, those times are gone and we’ve arrived at the AC3000 times. To use the newer and faster speeds, we also need new Wireless network cards and routers. Today I’m testing ASUS’ latest PCIe adapter, the PCE-AC88 which is an AC3100 adapter with a total bandwidth capability of 3167 Mbps.
The ASUS PCE-AC88 is a dual-band AC3100 4×4 Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter for desktop PCs and since that name is way too long to keep repeating, I’ll just call it the PCE-AC88 from now on. With its NitroQAM (1024-QAM) technology, it can deliver combined wireless speeds of up to 2167Mbps on the 5GHz band and 1000Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. That is up to 60% faster than 3×3 adapters and should ensure smooth high-resolution streaming and low-latency online gaming. This is also the first 4×4 802.11ac PCIe adapter to arrive on the market, giving you improved Wi-Fi reception, especially when paired with a 4×4 router.
Best Router for kodi – So you’ve got a lot of devices and we all know that streaming uses a lot of data, but why do you need a new router for streaming TV? If you’ve got an older router, it may be struggling to keep up with the data demands of all those different devices.
Even worse, old routers did a terrible job of prioritizing data. To them, a smartphone surfing the Internet got the same priority as a game console or 4K television.