Best Router for Long Range – To help you find the best wifi routers for long range, we analyzed a wide variety of different networking products and ranked them based on their overall performance, range, and customizability options.
We recommend finding a long-range router that fits your space while giving you a little more than what you need in the range department.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Ultra-performance Mesh WiFi network blankets every inch of your home in super fast and seamless WiFi connectivity - room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor
The Netgear Orbi RBK50 is a powerful mesh router that excels at providing strong signal strength at long ranges. This is because it uses a central router combined with additional satellite devices to provide a blanket Wi-Fi coverage across your entire home. Not only can this mesh router emit a signal to cover upwards of 5,000 square feet, but it also provides strong, overlapping coverage so your devices will always get the top speeds possible. This also means you won’t get as large of speed drops at longer ranges than you would normally encounter with a standard single router.
The Orbi RBK50 also offers an incredibly user-friendly experience. You can install the mesh system and get it running through the use of a smartphone app. The app also allows you to change a variety of different user and management settings like parental controls, schedules, and Quality of Serviceback to menu ↑
2.NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support Wi-Fi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 and 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 and Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 and S20
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps Wi-Fi speed
The Netgear Nighthawk RAX120 features one of the most unique designs in the wireless router market we’ve seen to date. With two large fins that house eight high-performance antennas and powerful internal components, the RAX120 offers best-of-class speeds and signal strength. This is why it’s the best long-range router for streaming 4K content in large homes. It features a coverage rating of around 3,500 square feet, which is perfect for most large homes. Plus, it has excellent support for multiple devices thanks to its MU-MIMO and Dynamic QoS functionalities.
The Nighthawk RAX120 provides total wireless speeds up to 6 Gbps. And while it’s only a dual-band router, it still performs superbly across both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. As we mentioned earlier, the router’s design is something to talk about, but don’t let the unique nature of the aesthetic turn you away from getting this device.back to menu ↑
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- High Speed Wi-Fi 6 Router: AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi speed boosted by 1024QAM deliver wireless speed up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4GHz)
The TP-Link Archer AX6000 easily takes our Best Quality award for its overall design and form factor, along with its comprehensive user settings and best-of-class performance. It’s one of the larger routers on the market today, with eight adjustable antennas and eight gigabit Ethernet ports. Plus, it’s packed with a ton of high-quality internal components like a 1.8GHz quad-core processor. All of these features combined give you a truly revolutionary home network experience that will impress you every time.
When it comes to performance, the Archer AX6000 will give you up to 3,500 square feet of coverage and blazing fast speeds up to 6 Gbps, thanks to its Wi-Fi 6 compatibility. You’ll also get a lot of options for customizing your network, which is always a nice plus.back to menu ↑
4.Amazon eero Beacon
- eero home WiFi extender - Add Amazon eero Beacons to any existing eero network to instantly increase WiFi coverage throughout any home. Just plug eero Beacon into any wall outlet and follow the steps on the eero app.
- eero Beacon wall plug-in - Designed to expand your existing eero mesh WiFi system, eero Beacons simply plug into any outlet. Perfect for kitchens, hallways, and bedrooms. With a built-in nightlight, eero Beacons automatically adjust to the brightness of any room to provide just a touch of light.
Running a lot of smart home devices can be a pain in the neck if you have an unreliable, short-range wireless router. That’s where the Amazon eero Pro comes into play. This powerful long-range router offers blazing fast speeds at long ranges thanks to its mesh network design. You’ll get comprehensive coverage for large homes and Wi-Fi 6 compatibility for even faster network speeds. Like other whole-home mesh routers, the eero Pro features a single central router and the ability to add satellite devices for a broader coverage range.
You’ll also get tri-band functionality with the eero Pro, which gives you more options for prioritizing more important, bandwidth-heavy devices on the 5GHz channel and less important devices on the 2.4GHz channel.back to menu ↑
- Next-gen Wi-Fi standard - 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultrafast Wi-Fi speed - 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
If you’re looking for the best-of-class customization options, then look no further than the Asus RT-AX88U wireless router. You can pretty much adjust anything you want through the router’s user-friendly interface. Some of the best features to adjust here include the robust Quality of Service (QoS) options and extensive parental controls. You’ll also get built-in malware protection and gaming boost options to really fine-tune your network for your individual needs.
Performance is also something the Asus RT-AX88U does well. It’s compatible with Wi-Fi 6, meaning it will always give you the fastest speeds you can get from your home network. Plus, it features a powerful 1.8GHz quad-core processor which keeps everything on your router running smoothly.back to menu ↑
- Provides up to 3,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 25plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
The Linksys EA9500 is the best Wi-Fi router for multiple devices at long range in this buying guide because of it’s amazing MU-MIMO capabilities and powerful signal strength, thanks to its eight high-quality antennas. The router can also be used as a mesh router for whole-home coverage. In mesh mode, the router also features an innovative feature called Seamless Roaming, which allows your devices to switch between standard and extended networks without needing to disconnect. This is a really great experience for homes that have a lot of ground to cover for a multitude of devices.
The Linksys EA9500 is easy to install, although it is large and bulky, which may make it a little more difficult to install in tight spaces. However, this larger size also means you’ll get added benefits like eight gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB ports for file transfers.back to menu ↑
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
While it may not be as small as other routers, it can fit in most of the traditional router placement locations. The best part about the router’s design, though, is the fact that you get eight gigabit Ethernet ports for hardwiring gaming consoles and other streaming devices for the best speeds.
The RT-AC88U also features plenty of gaming-centric settings like a WTFast Game Accelerator and Quality of Service prioritization. This way, your gaming devices always get the fastest and most reliable networks, even at long ranges. For an all-in-one device, check out our best modem and router buying guide.back to menu ↑
Best Router for Long Range – We also recommend finding an option that can handle speeds higher than what you currently pay for with your ISP so you’ll always have a future-proof option available to you.
The best long-range wireless routers also offer the ability to adjust network settings so you can prioritize certain devices over others and control parental settings to keep all your devices safe.