Best Router for Nas – A router is one of the best ways to get a fast and stable network. Not only that, but routers also make the local network more secure.
An even more secure and easy method of storing and sharing the data is through a Network Attached Router (NAS). You can find many high-quality routers which have a built-in storage system.
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
Pros & Cons
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Loaded with Advanced Technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
Featuring once more is another high-performing Netgear router. Loaded with the latest technologies, the router has high compatibility and extended range, and excellent security for both the users and devices.
The router has a fast Wi-Fi performance with a tri-band of 800+1733+4600 Mbps. 60 GHz devices get well served when it comes to connectivity and internet supply. An area of 2500 square feet gets covered by the wireless range.
Moreover, the NAS with WiFi router has a 1.7GHz dual-core processor, which helps maintain the internet speeds. Loaded with beamforming technology, the router will cover a full area. The stability of the signal will also be perfect.
Furthermore, the Netgear AD7200 router comes with MU-MIMO technology, which makes streaming to the devices awesome. All your connected devices enjoy fast speeds for each and are directed to the band to make its functionality excellent. A total of 45 devices get connected at a time.
2.Turris Omnia 2020
Pros & Cons
- Secure and powerful open source router and home server as "two in one"
- CPU Marvell Armada 385, Dual Core 1.6 GHz with 2 GB RAM and 8 GB eMMC
- It makes it possible to operate Wifi at 5 GHz (802.11 AC) and 2.4 GHz (802.11 b / g / n) at the same time
- Automatic update and a unique distributed firewall
- Large amount of additional software integrated and available immediately
This router model makes an ideal choice for you. It comes with a high speed of connection backed up by its excellent performance in terms of the stability of your network. With 2GB RAM, you will enjoy an impressive performance when browsing and sharing within the network.
The has a powerful CPU Known as Marvel Amanda 385. It is a 1.6GHz dual-core processor with 2GB RAM and an 8GB eMMC. You will, therefore, enjoy adequate support in terms of speed and storage of content.
More about this NAS with WiFi router is that it has 802.11AC and 802.11b/g/n wireless technologies that make its range coverage and internet speed perfect. The 5GHz and the 2.4GHz work hand in hand to support your device connections hence an enhanced performance.
Pros & Cons
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
When looking for a futuristic Wi-Fi router, then it is great to consider the Asus RT-AX89X. The router offers exceptional Wi-Fi speeds, has an excellent range, has several high-speed LAN ports among other features.
This Wi-Fi 6 Asus network-attached storage router has 8 Gigabit LAN ports thus is one of the best-wired routers. It also has two 10Gbps network ports. The dual-band router has two USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports.
This means that this Asus NAS router can give you an ultra-high-speed performance. What makes this router and GT-AX11000 routers exceptional is the ability to support local and cloud-based data sharing and storage.
4.NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3500 Sq Ft
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support WiFi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 & 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 & Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 & S20.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps WiFi speed.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 1/2.5/5G Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 2.2GHz quad-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more.
Featuring on the list is the high-performance Netgear router. This router offers exceptional Wi-Fi speeds, a good range, connects multiple devices, and can deliver on apartments. It is, therefore, one of the best routers for NAS (network-attached storage) because it has the fastest network storage speed due to the 5Gbps port.
The storage space for this router can be shared locally or via the internet via Netgear’s ReadyShare software. This is in addition to supporting the backup for Time Machine by Mac and windows.
The Netgear RAX120 NAS router can handle gaming or streaming seamlessly using its 6Gbps WiFi speeds. The router, therefore, is excellent for any home. Moreover, the router is compatible with all devices and all internet providers.
Pros & Cons
- Dedicated Tri-band 2.13 Gbps (400+867+867 Mbps) bandwidth optimized for performance and reliability
- Easy setup and remote management from web client or mobile app
- Comprehensive parental management and easy-to-use inter face with Safe Access
- Single Wi-Fi name and seamless roaming with 802.11 k/v/r support
- Create advanced VPNs with WebVPN, Synology SSL VPN, and SSTP VPN capability
- US version
- Connectivity technology: rj45
When we talk about the simplicity of use, this router makes the best choice. You will love the design that makes it up, which is further amplified by its performance. It also comes with advanced features that are instrumental to the performance of the router.
You will love the dedicated tri-band’s presence, which ensures that the network is correctly shared within the devices. With a combination of 400+867+867 Mbps, you will enjoy a fast combined speed of 2.13Gbps. The router will direct your devices to the right band that will ensure the performance is excellent.
Moreover, the router has a single Wi-Fi name that enables you to identify and connect to it quickly. It uses 802.11 technology to support connections to its devices. Extending the Wi-Fi range using this router is very simple.
6.tp-link Archer AC1750
Pros & Cons
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Supports 802.11ac standard - the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Simultaneous 2.4GHz 450Mbps and 5GHz 1300Mbps connections for1.75Gbps of total available bandwidth
- Dual USB Ports - easily share a printer locally and files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
- Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
If you are a person whose choices are driven by customer satisfaction, then this router is a perfect choice. Coming with three antennas and Alexa controls, you will enjoy both an extended range of coverage and effortless controls.
Moreover, the router has high compatibility with all wireless devices, for it uses that 802.11ac technology. As a dual-band router, you will enjoy high internet speeds of 1750Mbps, a combination of 450+1300 Mbps for the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, respectively.
The range of coverage is 2500 square feet. This makes it a great router to cover your whole home with high-speed Wi-Fi.
Pros & Cons
- Provides up to 2,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 20plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App. A mobile device with Android 4.4 or iOS 9 and higher, Bluetooth preferred
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band router delivers the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) plus (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) plus (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
- Designed for seamless integration with Velop Mesh Wi-Fi system for extended coverage
- When used with mesh Wi-Fi system, router serves as master node
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
Linksys AC2200 is a high-performing that smoothly works with an existing modem. It has an excellent and elegant design with four antennas that make its performance excellent. It has a simple setup process, therefore user-friendly.
The router has a range of 1500 square feet, which allows connection to more than 15 wireless devices. You will love the gigabit Ethernet ports that are ten times faster than the standard ports. Connecting your computer, game consoles and many others becomes very easy and efficient with this router.
Moreover, the router comes with the MU-MIMO technology that allows the simultaneous use of devices on the internet. The most exciting thing about the connection is that all connected devices enjoy a high speed regardless of their number.
Best Router for Nas – NAS also allows you to backup your data online. You access this information anytime from any device you want. With this feature, it becomes ridiculously simple to share the data among the devices linked to the network. Numerous brands provide this type of routers.
It can be a cumbersome job to select one router as there are hundreds of them available. In this piece of article, we are going to discuss the best 7 routers for NAS. Also, there is a buying guide which will help you find the best router for NAS as per your requirements. Now, let us get straight to the topic.