Best Router for Small Business – To help you find the best small business routers, we spent several hours sifting through a huge variety of different options. During our initial research, we narrowed our selections by finding the routers with the best speed, range, and overall network customization options.
We recommend finding a router that offers a good combination of all of these things for your small business, but there is always some wiggle room within each category based on your business’s needs. We also recommend focusing on design and ease of installation, so you can get your operations up and running in no time.
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 is one of the most powerful and reliable small business routers available today, which is why it easily won our top pick spot. It’s a tri-band router that gives you a 2.4GHz channel, a 5GHz channel, and a 60GHz channel for the ultimate versatility in connectivity options spread across employees, network devices, and customers. Plus, the wireless router can provide upwards of 4600 Mbps on its 60GHz band, as long as you’re getting those kinds of speeds from your ISP. This way, you’ll have the fastest internet around for all of your business and customer needs.
The Nighthawk X10 is also designed incredibly well. It sports a sleek and edgy design aesthetic that looks good anywhere you place it. Plus, its four adjustable antennas provide range up to 2500 square feet, which is a huge plus.
- Compatible with RBK852 and RBK853 Orbi WiFi 6 Systems
- Each Orbi satellite adds 2,500 sq. ft. of coverage to form a reliable WiFi network and eliminate WiFi dead zones
- Ultrafast AX6000 WiFi 6 speed powers up to 6Gbps of uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Move freely inside and outside the house without losing connectivity, all with a single WiFi network name
- Easily add additional satellites with the Orbi app
The Netgear Orbi RBS850 is a mesh small business router that provides some of the best coverage and range you can purchase in today’s market. If you have a large office space or storefront that needs a Wi-Fi signal in every nook and cranny, then this is the best option for you.
The Orbi system uses a central router and multiple satellite routers to provide blanket coverage across your entire space. The other good thing about this is the fact that the Orbi RBS850 is compatible with Wi-Fi 6, which provides really fast speeds for all devices.
When it comes to installation and initial configuration, you’ll be hard-pressed to find something easier than the Orbi. Even though you may have more than one device to install, the overall process is simple and streamlined.
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
The Asus BRT-AC828 is one of the most convenient wireless routers for small businesses because of its business-specific tools and functionality. For starters, this router is built with a feature that allows you to easily create welcome and promotional pages that your customers will see as soon as they try to connect to your Wi-Fi. This gives you the option of presenting your services, discounts, and specials without paying for expensive marketing campaigns.
Plus, you’ll get a ton of management settings on top of this to even further customize your network for customer use. Of course, with so many options available to you, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer extent of customizability, but after some practice, this shouldn’t be an issue.
4.NETGEAR Orbi Pro
- NO MORE DEAD ZONES AND LIGHTNING SPEED: Fast 3Gbps mesh WiFi covers up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices. Stay connected as you roam using a single network name
- OPTIMIZE PERFORMANCE & CONTROL ACCESS: Separate and prioritize devices across 1 to 4 dedicated network(s) for ultimate flexibility and control of high demand downloading and streaming of movies, video calls, gaming and more
- TRI-BAND BACKHAUL: Dedicated WiFi band between router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices. Optional wired Ethernet backhaul for even faster speed.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi router and extender (separate modem or gateway required); compatible with any internet provider including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY SET-UP AND ADVANCED MANAGEMENT: Set up WiFi network(s) in minutes with the Insight app; manage WiFi settings, test and monitor speed and other advanced options. Wall mount brackets included
The Netgear Orbi SRK60, also called the Orbi Pro, is another mesh wireless router that uses a central unit that connects to a variety of satellite units to create a blanket network coverage that can extend up to 5,000 total square feet. This makes it the perfect choice for large office spaces or storefronts where you absolutely need connectivity everywhere.
It’s also designed to be user-friendly, with quick installation. The Orbi system uses a smartphone app to guide you through the setup process, but it isn’t as easy as other routers, especially when you get into some of the more technical requirements.
However, the Netgear Orbi Pro is incredibly powerful. It’s a tri-band router with three different channels to which you can connect your wireless devices.
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
- Smart Connect for seamless transition between maximum speed or range
- Hardware accelerated Layer 7 traffic control and monitoring
- Dual WAN capable for load balancing and failover support ; Operating Temperature 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- US version. AC Input Power Voltage 100 V to 240 V AC
- System ram type: ddr3_sdram
The Synology RT2600AC small business router focuses on network customization above all else, although this isn’t to say that it doesn’t perform as well as other top routers. You’ll still get powerful speeds and reliable signal strength across long distances, making it perfect for use in office spaces or storefronts.
The on with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. More impressively, though, the Synology RT2600AC gives you the option of creating a dual WAN configuration. This means the router can emit signals from two different plans from your ISP. This way, you can create a truly separate experience for your customers and employees. Plus, it keeps your sensitive, business-specific data safe from what your customers are doing online.
- PORT COUNT: Integrated 4-port Gigabit Ethernet switch and 2x2 802.11ac Wave 1 Wi-Fi
- CONNECTIVITY: Supports Dual WAN Ethernet, allows multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover
- GUEST WIFI: Support for separate virtual local area networks (VLAN) allows you to set up highly secure wireless guest access
- SECURITY: Supports multiple VPN protocols including IPsec/L2TP, which helps users establish their VPN more flexibly
- CONNECTIVITY: Supports the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, ideal for remote access by mobile devices
- PEACE OF MIND: Limited-lifetime warranty, one-year technical support, and free software fixes for the term of the warranty
The Cisco RV340 is the best wired router for small business available on the market today. With this being said, we need to go one step further in making something clear. This Cisco small business router is not a wireless router. It is a 100% wired router that allows you to connect network devices like printers, fax machines, and desktop computers directly to your network.
If you still want to use this router and get a wireless signal, you’ll need to purchase an additional wireless router, which kind of defeats the point. You shouldn’t look at this as a downside; it’s simply a different way of connecting to the internet.
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
The Linksys EA7500 small business router offers an affordable networking solution that works perfectly for most small businesses around. We were most impressed with the Linksys’s overall user-friendliness and streamlined approach to installation. Instead of taking hours to configure individual settings, you simply need to plug the router in, turn it on, and connect it to a computer to complete the setup.
We were also really impressed by the overall performance of the Linksys EA7500 router. You’ll get dual-band functionality for greater versatility in which bands your devices can connect to. Fortunately, both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands perform well with high speeds and long ranges.
Best Router for Small Business – No matter what type of business you have (a local coffee shop or a small law firm), a router is essential for connecting multiple networks and routing traffic between them in a fast, efficient, and reliable manner.
Routers have improved in quality over the past years with many fast dual- and triple-band routers that allow for multiple networks, which comes in handy if you are running a business where customers and employees need to connect to separate networks (like in a restaurant or retail shop).