Best Router for Streaming Movies – So, maybe you have one already, from 5 years ago, but have noticed how bad it performs when streaming video. Here’s the truth about WiFi: If you don’t go big, you get poor streaming (take into account your bandwidth as well — make sure you perform a speed test regularly).
But don’t worry, “big” is only $136-$220, a one-time expense for a router that will last you at least three to five years. Plus, you don’t want to “cheapen” your streaming video experience. Face it. It’s time to upgrade!
So, here are some WiFi routers that are both cost effective and able to deliver high performance for streaming video:
Pros & Cons
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
Featuring eight antennas and tri-band gigabit technology, this best router for streaming will certainly provide some great quality streams alongside looking after power-users looking to play multiplayer online games at the same time. Yes, it’s a gaming router, but it’s the perfect solution for high-bandwidth families thanks to it’s brilliant app/software for maximum traffic control. It’s extra features such as adaptive QoS ensure everyone will get the bandwidth they need for the right tasks, providing your internet service provider is keeping up their end of the deal that is.
Asus Smart Connection is also great for bandwidth management, switching each connected IP address between 5Ghz and 2.5Ghz when needed to ensure high bandwidth tasks are getting the best connection possible for their environments.
2.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbp. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
When people mention Netgear Nighthawk, they think massive panel antennas, gaming focused and best router for streaming. This modem/router combo is the post-college grown-up that knows it’s strengths and how to perform. With a smaller footprint than most high-performing best router for streaming and a seek-looking four antenna design, it’s potential speeds future-proof the router for when ISPs manage to catch up.
Its beamforming compatibility is great for users looking to catch a good connection without investing in a home network setup or Wi-Fi extenders. The USB 3.0 ports are great for providing storage that can be used by all the family at a local level, although cloud storage will probably be easier and safer to use in the long run
3.TP-Link – Archer AX11000
Pros & Cons
Aiming for a gaming audience, AX11000 sets itself apart from the competition as one of the best performing Wi-Fi 6 routers on the market right now. If your streaming device is compatible, there’s a considerable difference in making sure your best router for streaming is also Wi-Fi 6 ready. Providing you have a good environment for Wi-Fi signals, Wi-Fi 6 performs just as well as a wired ethernet connection.
It’s major issue it’s it’s laser focused gamer targets, which will put off some streaming enthusiasts for a cheaper model, don’t fall for this trap. AX11000 is great for big families and heavy streamers, making sure everyone has incredible bandwidth and signal strength.
Pros & Cons
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
Linksys is putting it’s money on MU-MIMO support with this best router for streaming, and providing your streaming device is compatible with the technology, you’ll get a lot out of it. Otherwise, its high price point doesn’t make EA7500 as competitive as other routers in its band currently.
It’s a clear performer for management options and for an all round family router for a mid-range option however. It’s a good option for introducing 802.11ac Wi-Fi into your home alongside it’s user-friendly options and settings in the Linksys companion app which is why it made the list. Just make sure that you can take full advantage of it’s features before purchasing.
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to Dollar 168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps), Spectrum (up to 100Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1200 sq ft wireless coverage and 20 devices connected with AC1200 speed (up to 1200 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
It’s more of a value for money purchase rather than investing in performance chasing hardware. Users can expect around 20% improvement on download speeds when compared to stock ISP routers, providing a user’s home isn’t full of obstacles and made of lead.
It’s also 802.11ac compatible and dual band (2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz) which is amazing for the price, with two 1 Ghz ethernet ports for wired purists. It might be an idea to check if this router will be compatible with higher-end ISP packages though, as C6220 isn’t going to support anything over 250Gbps. Although small families and single users won’t need to worry about getting a large internet bundle anyway. This is the perfect router for one or two concurrent streamers and casual users.
Pros & Cons
The Asus RT-AC88U is another amazing router. Not only does this device make HD streaming a bliss, but it also offers a great range making it possible for you to enjoy movies from anywhere in the house – even the porch.
It features the most recent 4×4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology, which allows multiple devices to run concurrently at fast speeds.
The RT-AC88U delivers a combined 3167 Mbps Wi-Fi with the 5GHz band at 2100 Mbps and the 2.4GHz at up to 1000Mbps which are more than enough for 4K streaming. Another thing I liked about this one was its coverage.
7.D-Link 1750 Mbps
Pros & Cons
- Wireless AC1750 Dual band performance
- Backward compatible with your wireless devices
- Enhanced coverage with AC smart Beam technology and high-powered Amplifier
- Connect four of your devices with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Stream and share your files with mydlink share port
- Remote Access: Remote access for network management in the palm of your hand with the free mydlink lite mobile app
- Media Sharing: Wirelessly access your favorite media from a connected USB storage drive with the free mydlink Share Port app
- Coverage: Designed with a high-powered amplifier to provide wireless coverage to every corner of home
- Performance: Performance with wireless AC1750 and four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Easy Setup: Intelligent setup using web browser wizard or with the free Quick Router Setup (QRS) mobile app
- Share Port Plus: Easily share printers, USB storage devices and multi-function devices
At $160 dollars, this is a much better router for the price. You get a fast router, with great WiFi coverage, plus, USB 3.0 support.
It has a vertical cylindrical design and includes common features found in high-end routers including guest networking, iPv6, port forwarding, QoS (quality of service), and firewall. What you have is an advanced router, for a more reasonable price.
Best Router for Streaming Movies – Today we are going to cover the best router for streaming online. Whether you’re watching videos on YouTube, Hulu, Popcorn or catching the latest Netflix series, you want the streaming to flow with consistent, uninterrupted speed.
However, at times we may find ourselves having to deal with slow speeds which affect the quality of our streams. Before you lay the blame it on your ISP, I suggest you look at the router you’re using first and foremost, and since you’re here reading this, it’s great that you’re already aware.