Best Router for Streaming Netflix – Netflix is, without a doubt, one of the most popular video streaming services available, but there are few things more frustrating than having too much buffering when streaming. That is why you need to have the best wireless router for streaming Netflix to TV in your home.
You will need to begin your search by knowing what features that you should have to stream effectively, such as MU-MIMO, bandwidth, and router speeds.
While many routers will claim to have reliable streaming capabilities, you need to know which routers can actually meet your network needs.
1.ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6
Pros & Cons
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
- Nextgen ax Wi Fi is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi Fi devices and Supports current Wi Fi devices. Operating Frequency:2.4 GigaHertz, 5 GigaHertz 1, 5 GigaHertz 2
If you’re searching for a router that can deliver greater performance while still allowing you to stream Netflix, the Asus Rapture AC11000 is a good option. You have probably never seen anything like this before, and it is certainly unlike any other router you have ever seen.
Let’s start with the design of the AX11000, which is a programmable logic controller. It is one-of-a-kind, yet it may also be considered a bit ugly. It is quite big and takes up a significant amount of room. Each of the router’s eight high-powered antennae, which protrude from each side of the router, allows it to be placed flat on a surface. As a result, the reach is even more remarkable.
Pros & Cons
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
The Linksys Max-Stream router is a little more conservative than the other routers on this list, but it achieves an excellent mix between affordability and performance.
This router can handle 4K streaming and everything else you do online, and its network management software allows you to prioritize particular devices in your network when you want to commit all of your bandwidth to your binge-watching session.
3.TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500
Pros & Cons
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Archer AX10 comes equipped with latest wireless technology WiFi6 featuring OFDMA 1024-QAM, drastically increasing the speed and efficiency of the entire network.
- Next-gen Dual Band router – 300 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz (802. 11n) + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz (802. 11ax)
- Connect more devices than ever before Wi-Fi 6 technology simultaneously communicates more data to more devices using OFDMA and MU-MIMO while reducing lag dramatically
- Triple-core processing the 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor ensures communications between your router and all connected devices are smooth and Buffer-Free
- More coverage with less interference achieve the strongest most reliable Wi-Fi coverage with Archer AX10 As it focuses signal strength to your devices using Beamforming technology.
- Backward compatible Archer AX10 supports all previous 802. 11 standards and all Wi-Fi devices
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
This low-cost Wi-Fi 6 router offers speeds that are sufficient for most families at a reasonable price. The AX10 makes use of the newest Wi-Fi standard, but it lacks many of the sophisticated capabilities that some of the other routers on our list have, despite the fact that it does.
However, because of its efficient performance, it is an excellent cheap option for 4K streaming (plus playing around on your phone).
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3500 Sq Ft
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support WiFi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 & 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 & Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 & S20.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps WiFi speed.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 1/2.5/5G Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 2.2GHz quad-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more.
This router, which boasts maximum speeds up to 6 Gbps, a range of up to 3,500 square feet, and the ability to support more than 40 connected devices, definitely overkill.
The Cisco Aironet is the router to choose if you want top-of-the-line technology that can handle all of your 4K streaming, gaming, and other internet activities without breaking a sweat.
5.NETGEAR (R7000-100NAS) – AC1900
Pros & Cons
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports ; 1 x 3.0 and 1 x 2.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
R7000 is a model that has been specifically developed for residential use. It allows you to stream in great quality across all of your devices due to the fast speed that it delivers. Because of the three-strong antennas, the network is able to spread out across a large area equally, allowing every device to benefit from a fast network.
In addition to this, it contains a stringent security procedure to ensure that the network is free of viruses and data theft at all times. The Nighthawk app walks the user through the process of configuring the router in a couple of minutes.
Pros & Cons
- Wi-Fi 6 ax technology – with ofdma and MU-MIMO, AiMesh AX6100 Wi-Fi system enables more efficient, stable, and faster transmission even when multiple devices are transmitting data at the same time.
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- The most powerful mesh system – AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh Wi-Fi System with 802. 11Ax technology as wireless backhaul to transmit data between other Asus AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring the most stable possible Wi-Fi for connected devices.
- Commercial-grade network security for family – AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile device app – monitor and manage your network with ease using the Asus router app on Android and iOS; see which devices are connected, share Wi-Fi, reboot your router, enable game boost mode, schedule parental controls and more.
The Asus RT-AX92U, first released in mid-2019, is an interesting case for two reasons. First, you only find it during the transition from Wi-Fi 5 to Wi-Fi 6. And secondly, well, I reviewed it twice.
That’s right! You’re reading the updated review published on January 7, 2021, with tests done using the latest firmware that features AiMesh 2.0. The original review of this router first went live on February 20, 2020.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL CONNECTIVITY & SECURITY – Experience secure and dependable mesh WiFi connectivity for your family and all your smart devices with the Gryphon Tower, engineered to deliver fast, efficient coverage, enhanced security, and advanced parental controls
- COMPREHENSIVE PARENTAL CONTROLS – Create a safe Internet experience for young users with your WiFi mesh system’s active content monitoring, app and website blocking, individualized time limits, and valuable usage insights so you can better monitor your kids’ screen time (4)
- ADVANCED WIFI TECHNOLOGY – Enjoy entire-home coverage and incredible speeds, no matter how many users and connected devices are added to your network, as simultaneous AC3000 tri-band radios and 4x4 MU-MIMO deliver up to 3,000 sq. ft. of coverage off a single Gryphon Tower router (1) (2)
- NEXT-GENERATION FIREWALL – Protect every device in your home with this WiFi router’s modern malware and ransomware protection, 24/7 intelligent intrusion detection to guard against hackers, and automatic protection from phishing scams (3)
- SIMPLE SETUP & SMARTPHONE CONTROL – The Gryphon Connect app provides you with a single solution for managing your WiFi network, parental controls, device access, and app use (4) (5)
We reviewed the two-pack Smart WiFi Mesh System, which covers large homes of up to 6,000 square feet. You can buy a single unit for $249 that covers 3,000 square feet, or use it to add additional coverage to the two-pack system. The nodes are identical: They are slightly tapered white towers that stand 9.3 inches tall and measure 4.2 inches at the base and 4.0 inches at the top.
The towers have a unique shape that looks as if somebody grabbed the top with one hand and the base with the other hand and gave it a twist. There are three Gigabit LAN ports around back, a WAN port, a power jack, and a reset button.
Best Router for Streaming Netflix – Despite the fact that Netflix is unquestionably one of the most popular video streaming services today, there are few things more annoying than experiencing excessive buffering when streaming. That is why you must have the best wireless router for streaming Netflix to a television in your home in order to accomplish this.
You will need to start your search by understanding the characteristics that you will need in order to stream properly, such as MU-MIMO, bandwidth, and router speeds.
While many routers will claim to offer dependable streaming capabilities, it is important to understand which routers are truly capable of meeting your network requirements.