Best Router for Streaming Tv – In order to make the most of your internet connection, you’re going to need a modem and router that is capable of making the most of what you pay for.
While your internet service provider might offer you rental equipment, you may not want to be locked into their limited offerings. Instead, get a modem and router that can provide you with the features you need. This guide will help you determine the best modem and router for streaming.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR (R6900P) – AC1900
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports. Microsoft internet explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
As anonymity becomes increasingly important when surfing the web today, NETGEAR’s Nighthawk R6900P’s VPN capabilities come in quite handy.
It’s the best router on the list, considering its powerful features: it can connect up to 30 devices and implement intelligent parental controls.
A cool, stealthy design, respectable range, and excellent speeds on the 5GHz band, as well as NAS capability, are just some of the things that are worth liking about the NETGEAR Nighthawk R6900P.back to menu ↑
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
A long-time fan favorite, the latest iteration of the TP-Link A7 AC1750 is just that, and probably a little bit more.
Priced to perfection, the TP-Link A7 AC1750 is easy to set up and even easier to manage, all the while boasting plenty of connectivity options, including a USB-A 2.0 port on the back.
Although power users definitely would need something better than what this router can offer, for pretty much everyone else, this is as reliable as any best router can reasonably get.back to menu ↑
3.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
If you want consistent WiFi coverage throughout your house, whether it be in your bathroom, or your garage, or when you’re outside relaxing on your front porch, the Google WiFi mesh router system is a catch-all solution for the typical average user’s range problem, especially in larger homes with a limited number of people streaming.
Even though you won’t get as much access to stuff like parental controls and device usage tracking, and guest networks, with the Google WiFi, the sheer amount of coverage that you can get more than makes up for any of its lapses.back to menu ↑
- Wireless AC, up to 4.3x faster than N technology: Simultaneous dual band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media intensive applications
- 4 high performance antennas: Engineered to enhance dual band communication, four external, adjustable antennas ensure supreme Wi Fi signal strength in multilevel homes and small offices
Once you go into the enthusiast range of the router market, you start to get bombarded with all of these buzzwords and features that, quite frankly, you probably won’t be able to make use of, either because you don’t know how or the routers just aren’t user-friendly enough.
The Linksys WRT1900ACS presents itself as the best router for those looking into a feature-packed router that can be tweaked and experimented on with relative ease. Out of the box, the Linksys WRT1900ACS isn’t too shabby either.back to menu ↑
5.NETGEAR Nighthawk 4-Stream
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
If you’re looking to jump into the WiFi 6 bandwagon but don’t want to splurge and keep costs relatively modest, the NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX40 is for you.
Featuring a wide variety of features, including but not limited to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant integration, wall-mount support, automatic firmware updates, as well as ReadySHARE, the NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX40 is excellent for those who are looking to upgrade their older aftermarket routers.back to menu ↑
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices must be 802.11ac compatible for best results
While the ASUS AC1300 isn’t going to win any design awards anytime soon, nor is its feature set something to write home about, it’s all not half-bad either.
Considering that the ASUS AC1300 is supposed to be an entry-level router, it comes with a nifty seat of features, modern-ish aesthetics, and just as good of wireless performance 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radio bands that you can expect in its class.
Sometimes, simple is better, and for those looking for a no-frills router for typical home use, the ASUS AC1300 is an excellent choice for your next best router.back to menu ↑
- Razer FasTrack - Razer FasTrack allows you to specifically select and prioritize your preferred application and device, ensuring you have top-notch gaming and streaming performance
- Multi-Channel ZeroWait DFS Technology - Experience lag-free gaming and streaming with multi-channel
The Razer Sila, a high-performance WiFi router, as with any other gaming peripheral or component created by the California-based gaming hardware company, was built specifically for high-end and demanding users in mind.
Sleek if unassuming, the Razer Sila packs a ton of features into its black chassis.
For starters, it has a 2.4GHz network that can reach speeds of up to 400Mbps and two 5GHz networks that can reach up to rates of up to 1,733Mbps and 866Mbps, respectively.back to menu ↑
Best Router for Streaming Tv – When you’re shopping for a new router, it’s best to start by considering the size of your coverage area and the number of clients you need to support, as well as the types of devices that you’ll be connecting.
Not everybody needs the kind of performance that you get with the latest and greatest models, and there’s no reason to pay for features that you will likely never use. If you’re looking for a lower price rather than a big bundle of bleeding-edge features, check out this list of budget routers.