Best Router for Streaming Videos – All though most of these are slightly higher priced than your average WiFi router, they do come with amazing features enabling you to stream Ultra HD and 4K videos without a stutter or the dreaded buffering. The NetGear R6400, the cheapest router on our list, gives you the best value for your money, whilst the NetGear Nighthawk X4S comes out the top of our routers suitable for streaming online.
Not only does it perform admirably when streaming but it’s also equipped with a collection of amazing features that make it stand out. All in all, you can’t go wrong with any of the listed routers.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps). WiFi Band-Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi - Tx/Rx 4x4 (2.4GHz)+ 4x4 (5GHz)
- Recommended for up to 45 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
The Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router is a great device that impresses on many levels. The device is not only ideal for 4K video streaming but also performs well in online gaming as well.
The router is designed with an extremely powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor enabling the it to attain speeds of up to 2.53Gbpsback to menu ↑
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
The LINKSYS EA7500 is the best router for streaming movies, able to power your streaming and gaming with Next Gen AC WiFi.
It utilizes Multi-User MIMO technology to ensure a fast, uninterrupted Wi-Fi connection even when multiple devices are connected at the same time.
The MAX-STREAM AC1900 offers 3×3 Wireless-AC technology that delivers three simultaneous data streams for faster performance. And with the Linksys EA7500, you can stream your favorite TV shows and movies in high definition.back to menu ↑
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
The Asus RT-AC88U is another amazing router. Not only does this device make HD streaming a bliss, but it also offers a great range making it possible for you to enjoy movies from anywhere in the house – even the porch.
It features the most recent 4×4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology, which allows multiple devices to run concurrently at fast speeds.
The RT-AC88U delivers a combined 3167 Mbps Wi-Fi with the 5GHz band at 2100 Mbps and the 2.4GHz at up to 1000Mbps which are more than enough for 4K streaming. Another thing I liked about this one was its coverage.back to menu ↑
4.TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Archer AX10 comes equipped with latest wireless technology WiFi6 featuring OFDMA 1024-QAM, drastically increasing the speed and efficiency of the entire network.
This budget-friendly Wi-Fi 6 router combines a low price tag with speeds fast enough for most households. Though the AX10 makes use of the latest Wi-Fi standard, it lacks many of the advanced features some other routers on this list have.
But its efficient performance makes it a great budget choice for 4K streaming (plus playing around on your phone).back to menu ↑
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support Wi-Fi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 and 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 and Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 and S20
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps Wi-Fi speed
With max speeds up to 6 Gbps, a range up to 3,500 square feet, and capacity for more than 40 connected devices, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 is probably overkill.
But if you’re looking for top-of-the-line equipment that can handle all your 4K streaming, gaming, and other internet activities without breaking a sweat, this is your router.back to menu ↑
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
This router is unique in that it’s optimized specifically for gaming. It’ll work for any purpose, of course, and some of its gaming features—like Adaptive QoS—can work to prioritize your streaming data.
It also has exceptional range, thanks to the large size and unique antenna design.back to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
Sometimes you just want something that can get the job done without breaking the bank. That is where the NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6220 comes in. This two-in-one is a great option for streamers, as it provides the latest internet standards along with speeds that are more than suitable for streaming video content. And is one of the best routers for multiple devices.
With DOCSIS 3.0 and 16×4 channel bonding, you’ll get a solid and stable internet connection out of the modem. As for the router, you can expect speeds up to 1,200 Mbps, wireless coverage that spans over 1,000 square feet and a price tag that won’t break the bank.back to menu ↑
Best Router for Streaming Videos – You’re paying for fast internet so you can watch all of your favorite shows, movies and live streaming events whenever you want — in crystal-clear, high definition.
In order to make the most of your internet connection, you’re going to need a modem and router that is capable of making the most of what you pay for. While your internet service provider might offer you rental equipment, you may not want to be locked into their limited offerings. Instead, get a modem and router that can provide you with the features you need. This guide will help you determine the best modem and router for streaming.