Best Router for Streaming Videos – All though most of these are slightly higher priced than your average WiFi router, they do come with amazing features enabling you to stream Ultra HD and 4K videos without a stutter or the dreaded buffering. The NetGear R6400, the cheapest router on our list, gives you the best value for your money, whilst the NetGear Nighthawk X4S comes out the top of our routers suitable for streaming online.
Not only does it perform admirably when streaming but it’s also equipped with a collection of amazing features that make it stand out. All in all, you can’t go wrong with any of the listed routers.
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S
Pros & Cons
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps). WiFi Band-Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi - Tx/Rx 4x4 (2.4GHz)+ 4x4 (5GHz)
- Recommended for up to 45 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB and 1 x eSATA ports.
- Smart parental controls: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
The Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router is a great device that impresses on many levels. The device is not only ideal for 4K video streaming but also performs well in online gaming as well.
The router is designed with an extremely powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor enabling the it to attain speeds of up to 2.53Gbps
Pros & Cons
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
The LINKSYS EA7500 is the best router for streaming movies, able to power your streaming and gaming with Next Gen AC WiFi.
It utilizes Multi-User MIMO technology to ensure a fast, uninterrupted Wi-Fi connection even when multiple devices are connected at the same time.
The MAX-STREAM AC1900 offers 3×3 Wireless-AC technology that delivers three simultaneous data streams for faster performance. And with the Linksys EA7500, you can stream your favorite TV shows and movies in high definition.
Pros & Cons
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GigaHertz dual core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP).
- ASUS Protection powered by Trend Micro ensures your online experience is safe and secure. By combining automatic vulnerability detection, malicious site blocking and parental controls, Protection keeps everyone safe and sound | VPN client : PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
- Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results
The Asus RT-AC88U is another amazing router. Not only does this device make HD streaming a bliss, but it also offers a great range making it possible for you to enjoy movies from anywhere in the house – even the porch.
It features the most recent 4×4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology, which allows multiple devices to run concurrently at fast speeds.
The RT-AC88U delivers a combined 3167 Mbps Wi-Fi with the 5GHz band at 2100 Mbps and the 2.4GHz at up to 1000Mbps which are more than enough for 4K streaming. Another thing I liked about this one was its coverage.
4.TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500
Pros & Cons
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Archer AX10 comes equipped with latest wireless technology WiFi6 featuring OFDMA 1024-QAM, drastically increasing the speed and efficiency of the entire network.
- Next-gen Dual Band router – 300 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz (802. 11n) + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz (802. 11ax)
- Connect more devices than ever before Wi-Fi 6 technology simultaneously communicates more data to more devices using OFDMA and MU-MIMO while reducing lag dramatically
- Triple-core processing the 1. 5 GHz tri-core processor ensures communications between your router and all connected devices are smooth and Buffer-Free
- More coverage with less interference achieve the strongest most reliable Wi-Fi coverage with Archer AX10 As it focuses signal strength to your devices using Beamforming technology.
- Backward compatible Archer AX10 supports all previous 802. 11 standards and all Wi-Fi devices
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
This budget-friendly Wi-Fi 6 router combines a low price tag with speeds fast enough for most households. Though the AX10 makes use of the latest Wi-Fi standard, it lacks many of the advanced features some other routers on this list have.
But its efficient performance makes it a great budget choice for 4K streaming (plus playing around on your phone).
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3500 Sq Ft
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support WiFi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 & 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 & Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 & S20.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps WiFi speed.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 1/2.5/5G Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 2.2GHz quad-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more.
With max speeds up to 6 Gbps, a range up to 3,500 square feet, and capacity for more than 40 connected devices, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 is probably overkill.
But if you’re looking for top-of-the-line equipment that can handle all your 4K streaming, gaming, and other internet activities without breaking a sweat, this is your router.
Pros & Cons
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
This router is unique in that it’s optimized specifically for gaming. It’ll work for any purpose, of course, and some of its gaming features—like Adaptive QoS—can work to prioritize your streaming data.
It also has exceptional range, thanks to the large size and unique antenna design.
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to Dollar 168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps), Spectrum (up to 100Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1200 sq ft wireless coverage and 20 devices connected with AC1200 speed (up to 1200 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
Sometimes you just want something that can get the job done without breaking the bank. That is where the NETGEAR Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C6220 comes in. This two-in-one is a great option for streamers, as it provides the latest internet standards along with speeds that are more than suitable for streaming video content. And is one of the best routers for multiple devices.
With DOCSIS 3.0 and 16×4 channel bonding, you’ll get a solid and stable internet connection out of the modem. As for the router, you can expect speeds up to 1,200 Mbps, wireless coverage that spans over 1,000 square feet and a price tag that won’t break the bank.
Best Router for Streaming Videos – You’re paying for fast internet so you can watch all of your favorite shows, movies and live streaming events whenever you want — in crystal-clear, high definition.
In order to make the most of your internet connection, you’re going to need a modem and router that is capable of making the most of what you pay for. While your internet service provider might offer you rental equipment, you may not want to be locked into their limited offerings. Instead, get a modem and router that can provide you with the features you need. This guide will help you determine the best modem and router for streaming.