Best Router for Suddenlink – When you opt to buy a SuddenLink router rather than rent one, you will find that you get a far better wireless connection from it.
The router that SuddenLink offers is limited by nature and will never be able to make the full use of the speeds that you are paying for. Once you consider how much you are using the internet and how much you are streaming, you should be able to tell whether you need a faster connection.
1.ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3000 Sq Ft
- The Next Gen WiFi Standard - Future proof your home network with the next-gen WiFi 6 technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation featuring OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology.
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi - RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, boasting a total network speed of 3000 Mbps - 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band.
- The Most Powerful Mesh System — AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring stable and seamless whole home coverage.
- Commercial-grade network security for family - AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile App Support - Control and customize every feature at your fingertips using the ASUS Router App for both iOS and Android devices.
The ASUS RT-AX3000 is a Wi-Fi 6 router that is a good option for any Suddenlink internet plan.
During testing, it maxed out on 889.41 Mbps from 5 feet and 534.55 Mbps from 25 feet. Results which is very impressive considering its price.
Enough to watch multiple 4K movies at the same time, plus more. I will, however, note that you will never get a faster internet speed than what you pay for in your plan.
Pros & Cons
- Next-gen Wi-Fi standard - 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultrafast Wi-Fi speed - 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
- Wider usage and more convenience - 4 antennas + 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time.
- Commercial-grade security - AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better partner with mesh system - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- Nextgen ax Wi-Fi is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi devices and Supports current Wi-Fi devices.
The ASUS RT-AX88U is one of the fastest Wi-Fi 6 routers I have tested and will thus work for any Suddenlink internet plan. In testing, it reached 927.17 Mbps from 5 feet with the 5GHz band.
Other speeds measured are 571.36 Mbps from 25 feet and 472.95 Mbps from 50 feet. Using the 5GHz band.
Pros & Cons
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
The TP-Link Archer A7 is probably the best budget router I have tested and is an option for anyone with Suddenlink Internet 200 or below. The testing result for the Archer A7 was 438.39 Mbps from 5 feet and 123.53 Mbps from 25 feet. Using the 5GHz band.
These results are impressive considering the router’s price.
I will mention that I usually recommend this router up to a 150 Mpbs plan since the fall in throughput is sharp if you move away from the router.
Pros & Cons
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Better Coverage than traditional WiFi routers: Deco M4 three units work seamlessly to create a WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5, 500 sq. ft. No Dead Zone anymore
- Seamless and Stable WiFi Mesh: Rather than wifi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M4 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- Incredibly fast AC1200 speeds makes the deco capable of providing connectivity for up to 100 devices
- With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds
- Robust Parental Controls: Limit online time and block inappropriate websites according to unique profiles created for each family member. Easy to keep your children safe while they’re online
- Setup is a breeze with the Deco app available on your Android or iOS device. Turn on/off guest WiFi with Alexa voice commands
- Industry leading 2 year and 24/7 technical Support
If you are looking for coverage and don’t want to pay a fortune – then the TP-Link Deca M4 is an excellent option. During testing, the router reached 317.27 Mbps from 5 feet and 169.59 Mbps from 25 feet.
These results make the Deca M4 a possible option for the Internet 400 packet but a better fit for the Internet 200 plan.
5.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- SAFE AND SECURE: Supports WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols
The Netgear CAX80 will work for any Suddenlink plan, but it’s most suited for Internet 1 Gig. Unfortunately, I have not been able to test its max speed. Because the place I test cable only has an 800 Mbps plan.
But it did reach 800 Mpbs from 5 feet. It also averaged 583.15 Mbps from 25 feet and 298.47 Mbps from 50 feet.
Pros & Cons
- Instantly upgraded you WiFi performance with advanced tech all while saving up to $168 per year in rental fees by owning your cable modem.
- Access the fastest cable internet plans available, with the future-proof performance of the DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem.
- Includes a built-in high speed AC3200 WiFi router with Power Boost, Range Boost, and AnyBeam WiFi Beamforming for ultra fast, reliable WiFi.
- Intelligent mobile app - Comes with a smart WiFi app for easy setup, guest network management, usage monitoring, speed testing, parental controls, network security alerts, and more.
- Reliability you can count on - A worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with 2-years of free expert support from our team
In testing, it averaged 518.51 Mbps from 5 feet and 272.03 Mbps from 25 feet, both using the 5GHz band. This is enough for a larger family to streaming 4K movies and play video games simultaneously. Just note that this is if your plan is at least 400 Mbps.
Range-wise, the router performed pretty well, reaching about 80-90 feet. This is enough for most normal-sized homes.
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The List of supported "Internet Service Providers" is available in the "Compatibility Guide" under "Product guides and documents" Section
During testing, it measured an average throughput of 302.91 Mbps from 5 feet. Furthermore, It also reached 99.14 Mbps from 25 feet and 46.88 Mbps from 50 feet using the 5GHz band.
These speeds are enough for around 3 people to stream Netflix and use Facebook. But you will run into problems if you try to watch multiple 4K movies simultaneously.
The modem is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 16×4 channels. This means that the modem works for an internet plan of up to 400 Mbps. But as the router is only AC1600, it can only reach 300 Mbps in Wi-Fi throughput.
Best Router for Suddenlink – Are you shopping around for a Wi-Fi router that works with your Suddenlink internet plan? Take a look at our list of Best Suddenlink Wi-Fi Routers In 2021!
We’ve rated ten of the best wireless routers that work well with all Suddenlink internet plans. From budget friendly, to gamer specific, to family oriented – with Suddenlink as your internet provider, you have many router options available to you.