Best Router for Xbox Live – The best gaming routers now deliver better than ever before. With Wi-Fi 6 here, the promise is for network speeds of up to 6 Gbps, able to keep up with the latest in faster internet speeds.
While many ISP’s offer a router, their rental fees get expensive over the longer term, and for the best gaming experience, it is a more effective solution to upgrade, go on your own and get one of the best gaming routers (perhaps to go with one of the upcoming Prime Day laptop deals).
Asus RT-AC88U is one of the best looking, ultra fast and Dual Band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) wireless router that is perfect for gaming, extensive file sharing and even for playing high-definition 4K videos.
It has 1.4GHz Dual Core processor, NitroQAM technology and 8 Gigabit LAN ports that offer expansive connectivity, and can deliver lightning fast speed upto 3167 Mbps – while maintaining its outstanding performance. In fact it has the potential to break 1GB/sec limit, but only with additional hardware (like Asus PCE-AC88).
2.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Loaded with Advanced Technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 uses 1.7GHz Quad core processor and 802.11ad WiFi technology that gives you multiple streams of speed (up to 4600 + 1733 + 800 Mbps). This paves way for better 4K streaming or VR gaming, and ensures an excellent performance with speedy file transfers.
The four external antennas boost the transmission signals while exiting and amply incoming signals on receipt. The router has two USB 3.0 ports, 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports (2 of which support Link Aggregation for faster connectivity to Network Attached Storage or NAS devices).
3.ASUS ROG Rapture
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported - Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 is a first-class high-end router with powerful features for both online and network gaming. It is huge in size with 8 antennae -giving it a scary appearance of a spider.
The router broadcasts three wireless bands – one 2.4GHz band at 1000 Mbps (can be used to connect older devices), and two 5GHz bands at 2167 Mbps (primarily for newer devices and gaming/ streaming, but also for easing the congestion caused by traffic or extra device).
4.D-Link Ultra AC5300
- Discontinued By Manufacturer
D-Link AC5300 Ultra Router [DIR-895L/R] is massive and has a bold shiny red appearance that catches your attention immediately.
The Advanced AC SmartBeam technology (popularly known as Beamforming technology) along with eight adjustable antennae are capable of locating all devices within range and focus more on the ones demanding more data. It also provides a guest network, so that your devices or zones aren’t compromised and remain secured.
- AC1900 WIFI SPEEDS Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- DUAL BAND WIFI—Faster connections to more Wi Fi networks.System Requirements: Windows OS or Mac OS computer. Best performance with USB 3.0; compatible with USB 2.0 Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, (32/64 bit). Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- MULTIPLE OS SUPPORT—Compatible with Mac and Windows. The Windows standalone diver allows you to use a built in windows configuration tool to connect the adapter to a WiFi network
- 3x4 MIMO DESIGN—More bandwidth capacity when downloading and uploading data to and from the wireless network
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER— Connects to any Wi Fi and for extreme Wi Fi speed
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 broadcasts two simultaneous networks (2.4GHz + 5GHz) for both older and newer devices.
The configuration is comparatively on the lower end with 1.0GHz Dual Core CPU, 256MB RAM and 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi compatibility that provides speed up to 1300 Mbps. Even though it has only three external antennas, they are powerful enough to increase the Wifi range and amplify the signals.
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
ASUS AC1900 uses the TurboQAM (TM) technology that accounts for higher speeds. In fact, it is known to be 30 times (relatively) faster than most standard routers and provides a wide coverage area (with 2300 square feet as its bottom range).
The router is powered by 1 Ghz dual core processor for faster response, while the latest dual band 802.11ac 3×3 technology gives you a combined speed of up to 1900 Mbps (1300 Mbps over 5G network and 600 Mbps over 2G network).
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Wave 2 Wireless Internet Router, 600 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz band
- MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, 3 simultaneous data streams help your devices achieve optimal performance by making communication more efficient
- Boosted WiFi Coverage, Beamforming technology delivers a highly efficient wireless connection, long range WiFi
- Full Gigabit Ports: Create fast, reliable wired connections for your PCs, Smart TVs and gaming console with 4 x Gigabit LAN and 1 x Gigabit WAN. No USB Port
- Parental Controls: Block inappropriate content and set daily limits for how much time your children spend online with parental controls
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
TP-Link AC1900 Router [Archer C9] is yet another reasonably priced router that is in the league of top specifications and is reliable, easy to setup and has a simple layout.
With a glossy white, smooth and curvy exterior propped up on a silver stand, the router has three antennas with white matte finish popping out from the top – that collectively make up for beamforming and multi-device throughput rates.
Best Router for Xbox Live – Before purchase, it is critically important to get up to speed on the differences between routers. In order to do that, check out the specs of the different models.
A crucial spec is the type of Wi-Fi used in the model. The last generation was 802.11ac, which is being replaced by the 802.11ax standard. Confused yet? Well, it gets worse as the Wi-Fi Alliance tried to simplify this by designating 802.11ac as Wi-Fi 5, and also 802.11ax as Wi-Fi 6.