Best Router for Xfinity Gigabit Internet – These five picks for Comcast Xfinity internet are best in terms of performance, features, and price. You don’t need to purchase any high-end routers until you need them. Budget-friendly routers can do pretty much all the job that we expect from expensive routers. That is why I took and spent much time in finding the five best routers for Comcast keeping all types of uses in mind. If you haven’t read this article entirely, then read below for finding the best one as per your needs.
The first router is NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000. I found it overall best when it comes to coverage and performance of the router and no issues with connecting it to Comcast Modem. I recommend this router from small homes to medium.
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and WiFi 4 router - Has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections. Power Boost technology boosts the WiFi signal for quality gaming, streaming, and video conferencing
- Fast internet speed - Enjoy faster downloads, better gaming, and reliable remote working with speeds up to 343 Mbps
- Approved for Comcast Xfinity - Certified for use with Comcast Xfinity service and compatible with IPv4 and IPv6. This cable modem router does not have telephone capability
- Saves you money - Savings up to $168 per year on cable modem rental fees with your internet provider
- Integrating the cable Modem and router creates a more reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design further minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office
Motorola MG7315 is an affordably priced modem and router that’s recommended for Xfinity plan tiers beneath 200 Mbps. We think it’s a great match for Xfinity’s Performance plan, which includes maximum download speeds of 100 Mbps. On the plus side, it’s easy to set up and comes with Motorola’s two-year warranty. However, the Xfinity Performance plan is one of the company’s more inexpensive internet plans, so we realize that some people on this plan might find the Motorola MG7315 a bit too pricey. If that’s the case, then the standalone modem version of this product might be a better option.
On Amazon, this modem/router combination has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars from 9,300+ reviews. Customers liked the sleek and compact design, which is a bonus for people who want to save space or have fewer wires visible in their homes.
- Model MB7621 is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps. Wirecutter rates this “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner ensures faster, more reliable Internet.
- This cable modem's 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game station, or streaming video device. Great for use with Whole Home WiFi or Mesh networks like eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability. The Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service.Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MB7621 has no phone jack.)
- Setup is fast and easy using the quick start guide.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
If you already own a router or don’t want to purchase a combination modem/router, then you might like the Motorola MB7621. It’s best suited for plans under 600 Mbps download speeds, which is why we selected it as the best cable modem for Xfinity Blast plan (it comes with 200 Mbps maximum download speeds). Like the other Motorola modems on our list, the MB7621 features a two-year warranty. It’s also under $80, so it won’t break the bank. On the downside, it doesn’t include a router, so you would need to purchase one separately if you don’t have one.
With all of those great perks, it’s no surprise that the Motorola MB7621 consistently receives excellent reviews from customers. It has 13,000+ reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.6 stars. Some buyers have even crowned it the best modem for Xfinity, based on their experience.
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
Under Xfinity’s Extreme plan, you’re getting download speeds of up to 400 Mbps, which can be supported nicely with the NETGEAR C6300 two-in-one modem and router. We’ve included it on our best modem router for Xfinity list for several reasons, but most importantly, we like it because it conveniently bundles your modem and router in one sleek device at an affordable price. Overall, we think the NETGEAR C6300 offers incredible value for Xfinity customers. It costs just under $140, so it should pay for itself in less than a year (as opposed to renting from Xfinity). Plus, it comes with an integrated mobile app so you can manage your internet connection from your phone.
Based on Amazon reviews, NETGEAR customers seem to be quite happy with their 2-in-1 modem and router purchase. The product has a 4.3-star rating from 3,600+ reviews. While much of the feedback is positive, some buyers said that they’ve had issues staying connected to the internet with the NETGEAR C6300.
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Flexible Compatibility - Pair with any Wi-Fi router you’d like, including Whole Home Wi-Fi or Mesh routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi. A 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port allows connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station. This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Proactive Network Security - A broadcom chipset provides advanced security from denial-of service attacks.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) - AQM significantly reduces Internet latency on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services, resulting in faster page loads for all Web traffic and enhanced interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. The MB8600 also includes a full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
The Motorola MB8600 is a reliable modem that’s designed to handle high download speeds with ease — which is why we picked it as the best modem for Comcast Xfinity’s Extreme Pro plan. It’s easy to install, fast and flexible, which is why it is a contender for the best cable modem for Comcast Xfinity. As a standalone modem, the MB8600 doesn’t come with a router, which could be positive or negative, depending on your situation. If you have a router or you’re looking to build a customized set-up, you’ll be fine with just this device. But if you’re planning to replace your entire Xfinity rental, you’ll need to purchase a router as well.
At $150, the MB8600 is on the more expensive end of our list of modems that work with Xfinity. However, based on its durability and strong customer reviews (an average 4.6-star rating on Amazon), we think it’s the top Xfinity internet modem for this plan type.
5.ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including CableOne/ Sparkligh, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Grande Communicatio, Mediacom, RCN, Service Electric, Spectrum (Charter, TWC, BHN), Wave Broadband, WOW. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Best for cable internet speed plans up to 4 Gbps. Cable internet service required
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network for voice management of your Wi-Fi settings
If you have Xfinity’s Gigabit Pro Plan, you’ll need a heavy-duty modem that can handle the plan’s 2,000 Mbps download speeds. Fortunately, the ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300 is up to the task, rounding out Allconnect’s best router for Xfinity 2021 list. While $250 might seem expensive for this Comcast modem, keep in mind that it also includes a router and the ability to support cable internet plans up to 4,000 Mbps. It’s one of the few Comcast compatible modem options that is approved for the provider’s Gigabit plans.
Despite the steep cost, Amazon customers have typically liked the ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300, giving it an average of 4.2 stars from 2,100+ reviews. But there are also several complaints about the product, with some people claiming that they had problems with dropped signals and general connectivity.
6.TP-Link WiFi 6 Router AX1800
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
- Dual-Band WiFi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion compared to the previous generation
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more with WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)
- Connect more devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices simultaneously using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strong, reliable WiFi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses signal strength to your devices far away using Beamforming technology, 4 high-gain antennas and an advanced front-end module (FEM) chipset
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
Tp-Link AX1800 is the latest, popular, and unbeatable Wi-Fi router from TP-Link. It packs hundreds of features with advanced technologies. One of its noticeable features is its capability of handling Wi-Fi 6 compatible devices, as it supports the latest wireless 802.11AX standard. Moreover, its backward compatibility with older wireless standards, such as 802.11ac, 802.11n, 802.11g, Etc.
Since the router supports dual-band frequency, it offers maximum shared Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8Gbs—its 2.4Ghz band promises up to 600Mbps while the 5GHz band delivers up to 1200Mbps. It means when it comes to handling Comcast Xfinity’s fastest speed plans, the TP-Link Archer AX21 is all set to welcome.
- Outstanding Wireless Speed: Speedefy K7 smart wireless router supports 2100M (1733Mbps/5GHz + 300Mbps/2.4GHz) dual band gigabit WiFi. Dual cores CPU reduces buffering and provides high speed web browsing, video streaming and gaming.
- Excellent and Powerful Signal: Cutting-edge 7*6dBi external Antennas, 4*4 MU-MIMO, delivers powerful signal, coverage every corner of the room.
- Simple Setup, Easy Management: One-Stop installation is easily achieved in 5 mins. App or web interface management brings more convenience for preference setting.
- Safeguard Security of Your Internet: Complete WPA2 protocols ensure internet security, detect and prevent risks from internet in real time, keep your WiFi stable and secure.
- Various Advanced Features: Parental control manages your kids' internet access; Accelerate WiFi helps to quickly optimize your internet; Guest network separates own information from others’.
The Speedefy AC2100 is another excellent option for Comcast Xfinity internet. Like Tp-Link Archer AX21, The Speedefy AC2100 is also a dual-band router with maximum shared Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2033. As the Speedefy claims, its 2.4GHz band tops out up to 300Mbps, while the 5GHz band delivers up to 1733Mbps.
One of the noticeable features of the router is its seven 6dBi external antennas, designed in such a way to communicate with—up to 25—multiple devices using 4×4 MU-MIMO and beamforming technologies. Besides, the router measures (9.41×5.68×1.59) inches and weighs around 1.10lbs.
Best Router for Xfinity Gigabit Internet – Now it depends on you which Comcast compatible router is suitable for you. However, all five routers are different in price, features, and performance. You can choose according to your needs.