Best Router for Xfinity – If you’ve researched a new Xfinity internet service, you may have noticed an unexpected equipment rental charge added to the cost of service.
At first glance, an extra $13/mo.* may not seem like much of an expense, but internet service fees can quickly add up if you’re not careful. One of the best ways to eliminate some of those fees and save on your monthly bill is to invest in your own modem, router or 2-in-1 gateway device.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The List of supported "Internet Service Providers" is available in the "Compatibility Guide" under "Product guides and documents" Section
NETGEAR is one of the most trusted names in the business, so it comes as no surprise that they make the best overall modem-router combos. With download speeds up to 300 Mbps, the C6250 model serves up a fast connection that satisfies the needs of a house full of streamers.
With extra security features like parental controls and an expansive 1,500-square-foot Wi-Fi range, this workhorse of a device has a lot to offer for less than .
- input voltage：100 -240V
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- 8x4 channel bonding with Gigabit Ethernet Ports for fast wired, connections USB port to wirelessly share your hard drive.
- Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall).
- Product ia part of Amazon Renewed (Renewed)
If you’re looking to save a bundle while not sacrificing too much in functionality or performance, consider an Amazon-renewed NETGEAR C3700-100NAR. This refurbished modem/router combo looks and works like a brand new device and is backed by a 90-day guarantee.
This dependable device features speeds up to 106 Mbps on Wi-Fi, which is suitable for moderate household usage. It has a respectable 4-star average rating on Amazon, with users particularly liking its ease of use.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbp. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
If you’re looking for the absolute fastest modem/router combo with the most features regardless of price, consider the NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800. The modem supports download speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it more than capable of handling Xfinity’s fastest speeds.
The router also has a powerful 3,000-square-foot Wi-Fi range, and it can provide wireless connectivity for up to 45 devices. The combination modem/router’s capabilities make it the most advanced choice for hardcore gamers, streamers, and smart homes. It’s also highly rated by Amazon users, with an average of 4.3 stars out of 5, who praise its ease of use and Wi-Fi signal.
- THREE-IN-ONE CABLE MODEM, AC1900 ROUTER, AND XFINITY COMPATIBLE VOICE PORTS - Includes 24X8 DOCSIS 3. 0 cable modem, AC1900 Dual Band (2. 4GHz and 5GHz) Gigabit Router, four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, and two XFINITY Voice compatible phone ports. This product is approved by Comcast for Xfinity Internet and Voice, and recommended by Comcast for XFINITY Internet service speeds up to 400 Mbps.
- REQUIRES COMCAST XFINITY INTERNET SERVICE. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1. This product will not work with any other Internet service provider.
- ELIMINATE UP TO 156 Dollars IN CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES PER YEAR – Say goodbye to monthly rental fees and landline phone costs.
- BUILT-IN HIGH-SPEED ROUTER WITH AC1900 WIRELESS AND POWER BOOST - provides Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- WIRELESS POWER BOOST FOR BETTER SPEED AND RANGE - adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2. 4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range. NOT included is a backup battery option (Model 98250) that allows your phone to make calls for 8 hours on standby after power loss.
Designed to work exclusively with Xfinity internet service, the Motorola MT7711 is recommended for service speeds up to 600 Mbps. With an average Amazon user rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, the combo modem/router is the most-liked combination device on the market thanks to ease-of-installation, material quality, durability, and a powerful Wi-Fi signal.
The device is equipped with Power Boost, which amplifies the wireless signal to the FCC legal limit. This feature improves the range and speed of the Wi-Fi networks, providing a top-notch internet experience for your entire home.
5.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
- Sustainably designed; 49% of the plastic part weight is made with recycled material (2020 model)
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
If you already have a modem but simply need a Wi-Fi router, Google offers an effective and convenient solution. The Google Wi-Fi system allows you to create a mesh network throughout your entire home to connect all of your devices.
One device can cover 500 to 1,500 square feet, but you can expand to up to 4,500 square feet with three devices located throughout your home. Settings can be easily customized by using the Google Wi-Fi app on your smartphone.
- This 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 343 Mbps, eight times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or VoIP telephone adapter. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of $120 or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
On the other hand, if you already have a router and just need a modem, this affordable model will suit most users. With a download speed rated by Xfinity up to 250 Mbps, you get plenty of speed for the price.
Amazon users give it 4.5 stars out of 5, with especially high marks for its easy installation and value for the money. This modem can be combined with any Wi-Fi router. You can also plug your internet devices directly into its two Ethernet ports for a wired connection.
7.ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including CableOne/ Sparkligh, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Grande Communicatio, Mediacom, RCN, Service Electric, Spectrum (Charter, TWC, BHN), Wave Broadband, WOW. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Best for cable internet speed plans up to 4 Gbps. Cable internet service required
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network for voice management of your Wi-Fi settings
If you have Xfinity’s Gigabit Pro Plan, you’ll need a heavy-duty modem that can handle the plan’s 2,000 Mbps download speeds. Fortunately, the ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300 is up to the task, rounding out Allconnect’s best router for Xfinity 2021 list. While $250 might seem expensive for this Comcast modem, keep in mind that it also includes a router and the ability to support cable internet plans up to 4,000 Mbps. It’s one of the few Comcast compatible modem options that is approved for the provider’s Gigabit plans.
Despite the steep cost, Amazon customers have typically liked the ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300, giving it an average of 4.2 stars from 2,100+ reviews. But there are also several complaints about the product, with some people claiming that they had problems with dropped signals and general connectivity.
Best Router for Xfinity – If you’ve ever shopped around for a new modem or router, you know that there are an overwhelming number of options.
So how did we narrow it down to five of the best Xfinity compatible modems? In short, we looked at a few key criteria: supported speeds, price, value, features and customer reviews. Keep reading for more information about these top-rated Xfinity modems and routers.