Best Router Lift – You don’t want to make mistakes with your choice of router lifts, and I’m helping you achieve that by offering you a review of the very best tools in the market.
Additionally, I’ve included a comprehensive buyer’s guide with all the necessary facts that you need to check in a router lift to ensure that you get the most out of your investment.
Pros & Cons
- Allows precise above-the-table setup changes for table-mounted routers
- Above-table collet access allows fast, easy, above-table bit changes
- 3⁄8" x 9 1⁄4" x 11 3⁄4" (9.5 mm x 235mm x 298mm) Hard-anodized aluminum plate won’t Sag, resists scratches
The Kreg Precision Router Lift provides a router setup with high precision and it has a micro-adjusting wheel (for 1/1000th of an inch) which works quite perfectly. This table-mounted type router lift increases the efficiency by hassle-free fine-tuning of the bits measurement.
This product is appropriate for the avid craftsmen who generally look for installing easy-to-router lifts on router tables. Other than the change in its bit speed, this lift model contains a sturdy-anodized plate made of aluminum.The space saving, compact dimension of the mounting plate- 3⁄8 x 91⁄4 x 113⁄4 inches- makes the lift design robust enough to avoid causes of frictions, or risk of sagging due to excess load.
Pros & Cons
- SMOOTH: Four-Post, chain-driven design ensures smooth lifting.
- EFFICIENCY: Above-the-table height and lock adjustment results in simpler, more efficient adjustments.
- ACCURACY: Precision-milled aluminum carriage bracket and level screws result in a smooth and easily-adjustable work surface.
- COMPATIBILITY: Fits Powermatic PM2000B Router Extension Table, and Jet Router Table.
The 15.4-pound Jet JRL-912 Router Lift is another lift model which is handy to use and easy to install. Added to that, its clamp safely holds the lift. This feature prevents the occurrence of high-noise and reduces vibration levels while doing the woodworking tasks.
Unlike the regular lift types, the JRL-912 lift model comes with a top precision-milled plate made of aluminum. The general effects of weather conditions like high humidity or rain can trigger metal corrosion of the router lift. However, you can still use this lift on your router table in outdoor space without requiring to consider the weather conditions.
3.JessEm Rout-R-Lift II
Pros & Cons
- 8.8 pounds Product
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 11.75 x 10.1 inches
- THIS MODEL IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH PC 690/890, BOSCH 1617/1618, DEWALT 610/618/616, CRAFTSMAN 1754/17540/28190
If you are planning to build a router table in your workshop or garage, then JessEm Rout-R-Lift II Router Lift model comes with 5 specific arrangements to allow flexible bits’ height adjustments. This precision tool also enables you to upgrade or replace older base-mounted models of router lifts.
As this product comes in a package containing a 3.5 inch (diameter) motor, which is also supported by certain router models including Bosch, Porter-Cable, DEWALT, and CRAFTSMAN.In spite of the impressive features of JessEm Rout-R-Lift II lift model, it consists of corner brackets and a couple of plates of sizes (1- ⅜ inches, 2 inches, 2-½ inches). With the 8.8 pound shaft-mount hydraulic system of this lift, you are free from the hassle of using bent wrenches to change bits.
4.Rockler Pro Lift Router
Pros & Cons
- Router Table Lift: Raise your woodworking to a new level with this pro lift router tool. Our Rockler router lift 9.25” x 11.75” plate is ideal for Kreg, Jessum, Woodpecker and Peachtree tables. Other plate sizes available separately.
- Adjust The Height: Use the fine adjustment gear to set the final height to within 0.001''. All this is achieved more quickly, more efficiently, and more intuitively with the router lift plate.
- Fits Most Routers: This woodworking router table works with router motors with a 4.2'' diameter (13.85'' circumference), like the Porter-Cable 7518 and 7519. Optional attachments like the 3-1/4'' Pro Lift Adapter Collar & the 3-1/2'' Pro Lift Adapter Collar allow you to fit other router sizes (sold separately).
- Easy Router Bit Changes: Raise your router table fast with the Quick-Gear, then down-shift to the precision gear for fine adjustments—Snap-Lock insert ring for easy bit changes.
- What’s Included? Our pro lift includes (1) Rockler Pro Lift Router Lift, (1) Aluminum router plate (3/8'' thick), (1) Router Ring (1-1/2'' I.D.), (1) Set of hex keys on a key chain.
The Rockler Pro Lift Router Lift is a little costly. However, it is worth the money as you can utilise it for performing daily tasks that are on urgent demand.
Moreover, this all-purpose router lift model is perfect and easy to install on router table upgrades. You won’t require additional screws or tools to release the insert rings of this router lift prior to changing the bits.
Pros & Cons
- Adjust the height of your router bit without having to reach below the table, or remove the router plate. Just slip in the lift crank and wind it up or down!
- Exclusive INCRA MagnaLOCK reducing ring system for instant ring changes and perfect ring fit
- Quickly make super precise, 0.001" height adjustments from above
- Exclusive ball bearing mechanism for super smooth action and low friction
- Ultra-responsive, direct drive 16TPI lift screw mechanism
If you are looking for a router lift with an allowance of 0.001-inch height adjustments, then the INCRA Router Lift is what you need. It offers micro-adjustments without requiring to use the dial indicator.Moreover, the metal plate of this model has comparatively more mounting holes than the regular lifts. However, you might have to purchase extra sets of long screws for fitting the adapter plater. Being a precision tool that allows faster bit change, the lift comes with a quarter-turn cam lock. This lock prevents height drifting.
The Mast-R-Lift-II model lift supports a fewer models of INCRA as well as the Kreg router tables.This router lift is the value for money as the model comes with certain impressive features. The life’s cam lock mechanism supported by 5 fixed ball-bearing facilitates smoother and quicker adjustments of heights. It is one of the few editions of routing accessories that matches the standards of woodworking requirements.
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Router diameter: 4 1/4"
- Minimum Router diameter: 3 1/4"
- Phenolic insert ring diameter: 3 3/4"
- Router reducer collars (included): 3 1/4" & 3 1/2"
The SawStop RT-LFT Four-Post Router Lift comes with an advanced lifting system with the full set of accessories. The adjustment mechanism of this product is ultra-responsive as it has an inbuilt chain-synchronized design.The dimension of this router lift is 9.25 by 11.75 inches with the top side of the plate being 0.238 inches thick and has leveling screws as well.
This table component of this lift model offers seamless performance in contrast to the other table models. However, the diameter of this router lift is 3.5 which is not supported by the Triton TRA001 router model.You will require a reducer collar to make adjustments in the clamp’s diameter so that it fits the Porter Cable 7518 router model.
Pros & Cons
- Portability: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- Easy adjustments: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Variety of cuts: 24.5 inches of rip capacity for ripping 4x8 plywood or OSB sheets
- Power: 15 Amp, 5800 rpm motor
- Onboard storage: Onboard storage provides easy access to the site pro guarding components and push stick when not in use
- Guaranteed tough: Metal roll cage ensures job site durability
DeWalt makes a lot of excellent tools, but our DeWalt tool reviews separate the real winners from the run-of-the-mill. From the new DeWalt FlexVolt concrete saw to the excellent DeWalt DWV012 HEPA dust extractor, there’s a lot to like.
Our hands-on approach combines in-house scientific testing with real-world usage to determine if tools like the DeWalt Tool Connect hammer drill are anything special. Dewalt Tool Connect is the latest technology from this tool company, but not all DeWalt tools feature it. Their FlexVolt battery technology is second to none with hybrid 20V and 60V applications.
Best Router Lift – In woodworking, precision is paramount as it affects the final quality of your making structure. Sometimes making cuts, trimming, or joining pieces, you will need to make some height adjustments. And that’s why you should have the best router lifts for woodworking. With the right tool, you will find it easy to adjust and make precise cuts.