Best Router Under 100 – A poor ISP connection is not always the cause behind your smart TV permanently showing “Loading,” or your video gets stuck while you’re streaming it on the platforms like Twitch. It is often because the router you have is too old and unable to handle several devices or high-internet speeds at the same time. Most of the older routers were not dual-band and do not provide dependable transmission except in the immediate vicinity.
For all practical purposes, AC is the minimum router config you need. The majority of the routers covered in this guide are minimum AC1200. You will also find very affordable routers with AC1750 and 1900 standards priced at around $60-90.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Coverage up to 1,500 sq. ft. for 20 devices
- Fast AX1800 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
The Netgear R6700AX brings the latest Wi-Fi standards at a price under $100. Bestowed with Beamforming and OFDMA, the router can reach high internet speeds up to 600Mbps in 2.5GHz, 1200Mbps in 5GHz.
The 1.5GHz Quad-core processor with 512MB RAM and 256MB Flash packs a powerful processing unit capable of handling up to 20 devices in a medium household. The NETGEAR Armor network security, BitDefender VPN support, and the latest WPA 3 encryption standards keep your home network safe from intruders.back to menu ↑
2.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
The Netgear R6700 is a device that allows you to access the internet from every corner of your home effortlessly. A sturdy sibling to its bigger brother R7000 Nighthawk, which costs around , the NETGEAR AC1750 looks similar to its predecessor and shares the same housing that looks like an alien ship from the movie Predator.
The only difference is the large antennas suitable for Beamforming+ that boost range and signal strength throughout your home. There are many LED lights in the front panel, 12 to be exact, that conveys the status of the device to the user. The 1GHz Dual Core processor and 256MB RAM are powerful enough to connect to 25 devices at a time.back to menu ↑
- Concurrent Dual band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC1700 wireless router with the latest 802. 11ac MU MIMO (4T4R) technology for data transfer speeds up to 1700 Mbps
- Quad core processor with 256MB ram optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 0 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
The ASUS RT-ACRH17 AC1700 uses the proprietary Asus AiRadar technology. The company claims this radical new Beamforming tech provides a network more stable than those of other routers.
At 15 feet it delivered 654Mbps in our office tests and that is really blazing fast. At 30 feet the speed dropped but remained an impressive 261Mbps.back to menu ↑
- Fast WI-FI Performance: Get up to 1200 square feet wireless coverage with AC1200 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 900 Mbps)
- Recommended for Up to 20 Devices; Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
Though the manufacturer claims it can support 20 devices, the CPU does not seem capable of that many. It is backward compatible with 802.11 B/G/N protocols and would be able to effortlessly operate with your older devices as well.
With a compact design and using the latest 802.11AC protocol, R6230 supports IPv6 and the older IPv4. Priced far less than the R6700 and Archer C9, it delivers a solid performance but without the capability to cover a one-acre farm! The multiple LEDs notify you about the power, wifi, WPS, USB, and LAN usage.back to menu ↑
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices must be 802.11ac compatible for best results
Not everyone is a computer science student or IT specialist, or network engineer. Thus it is important to buy a router that can be configured quickly. Asus has come to the rescue with its intuitive app that detects the ISP and optimizes the setup.
Thankfully it has only a few LED lights at the font and not the multitude that many models feel the need to put in. Plenty of encryption means easy and safe connection to all devices without malware seeping from one device to another.back to menu ↑
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boosts Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 2000 Square feet and connects up to 32 devices - Compatible with any Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 450Mbps ; 5GHz - 1300Mbps). Power Consumption: 9W (max power consumption)
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Gigabit Ethernet Port
The C7 from TP-LINK is meant to compete with the TP-Link AC1750 model and compares quite well. They are both priced about the same at just under and have largely the same set of features.
If you are leaving home there is a physical switch to turn off the wifi. That is quite an unusual but very useful feature. The device is black and has the generic look that most routers have. The three antennas can work at 5dbi which is a change from the 3dbi signal that many cheap routers provide.back to menu ↑
- 10X’S THE SPEED: Most routers in this price range have only “Fast Ethernet” ports that max out at 100Mbps. Our router has Gigabit ports to give you 1,000Mbps for lag-free 4K video streaming & gaming.
- RANGE: Beamforming and 2 high powered antennas work together to cover larger homes by focusing the wireless signal directly to your device
At a price of around $50, it is squarely aimed at the low budget segment. At this price, you cannot expect the pedigree of Netgear and TP-Link.
A plain black device that has a row of green LEDs in the front for LAN, power, USB, and WPS, it offers satisfactory streaming over dual bands. In our tests, the 2.4GHz band was able to provide 40 to 60 Mbps consistently 100 ft away and the 5GHz band delivered 100 Mbps across the room. The latency is dramatically low and the groundbreaking design of Beamforming antennas must be given credit for this.back to menu ↑
Best Router Under 100 – With numerous devices such as smartphones, smart televisions, home security systems, laptops, etc., in every home, you must invest in a reliable wireless router. If you’re looking for a seamless experience, it’s suggested to get the one that comes with an 802.11 AC protocol that provides lag-free video streaming, a smooth gaming experience, and high security.