Best Router Under 150 – In the wave of this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many people are forced to work from home, but your mobile hotspot sometimes might restrict you from working. That means it is better to get the router to enjoy fast internet connectivity.
The first step for a new router is to consider the size of the coverage area, the number of clients to be supported, and the type of devices to be connected. Not everyone wants the latest and greatest performance, and there is no reason to pay for features you might never use. Therefore, if you are looking for a cheap price instead of many advanced features, check out this list of reasonably priced routers.
1.TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000
Pros & Cons
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
- Next-gen 3 Gaps speeds: 4-Stream Dual Band router reaches incredible speeds up to 3 Gaps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band) for faster streaming and gaming like you have never experienced before.
- Connect more devices than ever before: simultaneously communicate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Minimize lag icate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology Breathable leather lining Minimize lag For all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming onlineFor all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming online, or even video chatting with up to 75% reduced lag
- Increased battery life for devices: target wake time technology reduces your devices Power consumption to extend their battery life
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
TP-Link Archer AX50 is a powerful router, thanks to the potential of the latest Wi-Fi 802.11 ax standard.
It comes with features such as OFDMA, MU-MIMO, and beamforming that make it a strong competitor to smart homes because smart homes have multiple devices connected to the Internet at the same time.
According to ISP and other factors, routers can reach higher speeds. It can be expanded to 574 Mbps and 2402 Mbps at 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, respectively and it can cover an area of 2,000 square feet, becoming an indispensable part of medium-sized houses, also it can provide 40 connections at the same time.
Limited memory (256 MB) and flash memory (128 MB) will affect the performance of routers with large amounts of data. Archer AX-50 weighs 1.2 lbs, and it is light and elegant.
By connecting 4 external antennas on the back of the router, Archer can work with multiple devices at the same time. Due to the presence of 1 WAN port, 4 LAN ports, and USB 3.0, users can easily connect cables and share network hard drives/printers. The tether app is as simple and intuitive as the app.
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3000 Sq Ft
- Next-Gen WiFi Standard - Supporting the latest WiFi standard 802.11AX (WiFi 6) and 80MHz bandwidth for better capacity and efficiency.
- Ultra-fast WiFi Speed - RT-AX55 supports 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency - Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously.
- Protection for Your Home Network - lifetime free AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
Although the lack of USB limits, the functionality of shared network drives, Wi-Fi 6, multi-user MIMO, and beamforming make ASUS RT-AX55 an excellent standalone router or an important component in AiMesh WiFi systems.
High-speed ISPs such as Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and Verizon support up to 574 Mbps and 1201 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
With beamforming and OFDMA, the device can spread the signal over an area of 3,000 sq feet support up to 25 devices. Weighing less than 0.9 lbs, RT-AX55 is as light as a router.
The body of the device is black, with shiny stripes separated by two red stripes, and has a simplified design with a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 256 MB RAM, and 128 MB storage.
Pros & Cons
- Powered by intelligent mesh technology
- Coverage up to 1500 square feet and supports 20plus devices
- Wi-Fi 6 speeds up to 1.5 Gbps to support 4K streaming, gaming, video calls and more
- Dynamically maximizes Wi-Fi speed and eliminates dead zones in your home
- Future-proof and easily expandable, simply add Linksys Mesh products to expand coverage throughout your home
- Sets up in minutes with the easy to use Linksys App
- With Alexa, easily manage Wi-Fi access for devices and individuals in your home
- Connectivity technology: Ethernet
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
It has an 880 MHz dual-core processor, WiFi 6, MIMO multiplayer games, and the latest WPA 3 encryption standard to ensure your Internet connection is safe. The router can reach speeds of 600 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 1200 Mbps at 5 GHz. You can have the advantage to play games on 20 devices of 1,500 square meters in an optimized way on platforms like Twitch.
The Linksys router weighs 2.4 pounds with its compact octagonal design; this high-gloss black router planer head looks very beautiful without occupying a large area.
When playing high-definition quality online games, 256MB of RAM and flash memory will limit performance. The router is only equipped with an internal antenna. All connections and power switches are on the back. You will find 1 WAN port, 4 LAN ports, power switch, manual reset button, USB 3.0 port, WPS button, and a manual reset button.
Pros & Cons
- [Better Coverage and Performance] On its own, a single DIR-L1900 covers up to 3,000 square feet with AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi, delivering fast and steady performance that supports all the ways you work and learn at home.
- [Simple, Scalable, Mesh WiFi] With D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh, easily add compatible extenders or even another DIR-L1900 to roam your home and stay connected to fast, flexible, and reliable Wi-Fi.
- [One WiFi Name] Connect to a single Wi-Fi name for a smooth and streamlined experience. The router does all the hard work behind the scenes, automatically shifting devices to the best Wi-Fi band to optimize every connection.
- [Sophisticated WiFi Technology] Multiple technologies like MU-MIMO, SmartConnect, AirTime Fairness and Mesh combine to create intelligent, sophisticated WiFi that delivers faster speeds, better connections, and wider coverage in your home
- [Powerful and Attractive] The DIR-L1900 is engineered for performance while maintaining a home-friendly design aesthetic that blends seamlessly in any room décor.
- [Reliable Gigabit Wired Performance] Connect four devices to enjoy a strong and reliable wired connection with minimal latency---perfect for connecting Android boxes, smart TVs and game consoles.
- [Supports the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa] Easily integrates with Amazon Echo’s Alexa or the Google Assistant for convenient hands-free voice control. Run a speed test or enable guest Wi-Fi using just your voice to save time and enjoy a more comfortable home.
With its high-speed potential, scalability, and WPA3 encryption standard, D-Link is the fascinating first choice. The DIR-L1900 router is powered by a powerful 1.25 GHz dual-core processor and provides high-speed Internet access: 600 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps at 5 GHz.
It covers an area of 3,000 square feet and supports more than 20 types of equipment. RAM and 128MB of storage space may be the limiting factors for concurrent connections and data-intensive operations. The router weighs 0.9 pounds and is lightweight and convenient.
The router with an LED panel has a white, simple rectangular design. The router has 128 MB of memory and RAM. Three built-in antennas are equipped with Smart Connect and MU-MIMO to ensure uninterrupted Wi-Fi signal transmission. The D-Link router has 4 Gig Ethernet LAN ports and 1 Gig WAN port for a high-speed connection.
5.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 1500 Sq Ft
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
The device is equipped with a high-speed internet connection and depending on the quality of the ISP connection, the speed of 2.5 GHz can be increased to 450 Mbps, and the speed of 5 GHz can be increased to 1300 Mbps.
In our tests, the 200 Mbps plan has the best performance. The coverage area of the router is 1500 square meters. The Netgear router weighs a little over 1.5 pounds, which is neither heavy nor light. 128MB of memory is used to store firmware, and 256MB of RAM supports the operation.
There are 3 antennas attached to the back of the router and through 1 WAN port, 4 LAN ports, and a USB 3.0 port, hence your smart device and network drive sharing in the home network support high-speed cable connection.
6.Google Wifi – AC1200
Pros & Cons
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
- Sustainably designed; 49% of the plastic part weight is made with recycled material (2020 model)
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
This Wi-Fi proves the simple design of the home network system, easy to install and control. Although it cannot fully control your Internet, it can indeed make life easier for non-technical families.
Google devices have a combined speed of up to 1200 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, which is very suitable for Wi-Fi and VoIP calls.
Each AP covers 1,500 square feet and can act as a separate IF router. The router planer is a small cylindrical device weighing 0.750 lbs. The simple white design has an LED backlight extending along the center diameter.
Pros & Cons
- AC1600 WiFi: Up to 300+1300Mbps WiFi speeds
- Powerful 880MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- Five (5) Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN) for faster file sharing and transfers
- Wirelessly access and share USB hard drives via one (1) USB 2.0 port
- Simultaneous dual band: Two separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks reduce WiFi interference and doubles bandwidth
The Netgear router weighs about 0.8 pounds and is one of the lightest devices around. The device uses a simplified, sleek black plastic case, which houses an 880 MHz processor, 128 MB RAM, and 128 MB memory for firmware storage. Three antennas are connected to the end of the router. The device has a WAN port, four LAN ports, and a USB 2.0 port, which can provide comprehensive connectivity through the sharing of a gigabit cable and printer or hard drive.
The Nighthawk app is an easy-to-use platform that simplifies initial setup and management. The web interface allows technically experienced users to access advanced settings. With the help of mobile apps and web interfaces, parents can control web content and set time limits to protect children from inappropriate exposure.
Best Router Under 150 – However, when multiple family members compete for bandwidth, such as streaming Netflix videos and playing online PC games, the new router with the latest control functions can keep the peace to a great
So here we bring a guide to choose the suitable one that best suits you and your wallet, especially now that there are more Wi-Fi 7 devices available.