Best Table Router – Among the top choices reviewed, we recommend the highly-rated Bosch benchtop router table RA1181 as it offers quality and versatility at a good price point. For heavy-duty use, the Kreg PRS1045 router table is one of the top professional router tables around and comes in highly recommended.
We hope our review of the best router table has been helpful. For more similar suppliers, including suppliers of woodworking routers, router bits, routing cutters, and other woodworking tools, consult our additional guides or visit the Thomas Supplier Discovery Platform.
1.Bosch Benchtop Router
Pros & Cons
- Benchtop router table design – Features a large aluminum top for extended work area, durability and precision
- Rigid aluminum mounting plate – Pre-drilled for compatibility with a variety of routers and for above-table height adjustment
- Extra tall aluminum fence – Has adjustable faceplates and feather boards to maximize precision and versatility
- Dedicated standard dust-collection port – Fits standard 2-1/2 inch vacuum hoses for debris-free operation to help keep your work area clean
- Easy-to-use adjustable feather boards – Attach to fence and table, providing additional guidance and kickback protection
- Accessory slot – Accepts feather boards and 3/4 inch optional accessories such as a miter gauge
- Storage pocket – Allows storage of router accessories
- Cord-wrap storage – Stores 6 foot power cord
This durable Bosch router table ensures precision and versatility. Its benchtop router table design features an aluminum top and a rigid mounting router table plate compatible with a variety of routers.
To maximize accuracy, the router table comes with an extra-tall router table fence and adjustable feather boards. It also comes with a practical accessory slot and a storage pocket for smaller router table parts. One of the many happy reviewers wrote, “I was surprised and impressed with the build quality.
2.KREG Precision Router
Pros & Cons
- 24" x 32" router table top includes a router insert plate with three molded Level-Loc reducing rings
- 36" T-square style router table fence features a micro-adjust wheel for precise setups
- Outfeed anchor has been redesigned for more usable table space and easier removal
- Multi-purpose steel stand is adjustable from 31" to 39" in height
- Includes Router Table Top with insert plate, Router Table Fence and Multi-Purpose Steel Stand. #148166 KREG 4pc Casters Set not included.
Several professional woodworkers and serious DIYers trust Kreg for its quality and trustworthiness. This complete router table kit includes a router table with a heavy-duty steel stand, a high-performance tabletop, a self-squaring router table fence system, feather boards, and removable casters.
This is a perfect router table for heavy-duty use and professional results. One satisfied shopper wrote, “Took on a job building toy storage shelf units out of birch plywood for a local pre-k school. This table paid for itself immediately. Never ever would I have gotten the results from my ancient bench top router table that I got from this precision tool. The result I was able to achieve was easy, quick, precise, and wonderful.”
3.SKIL RAS900 Router
Pros & Cons
- Accessory storage containers protect and store accessories with router table
- RAS900 comes with 2 containers and includes quick clamp system
- 2 feather-boards help guide work-piece for more accurate routing
- Bit height gauge helps simplify set-up and improves accuracy of cuts
- Starter pin and guard help support work-piece when routing curved edges
- Router mounting with easy bit changes and no leveling required
For any woodworking hobbyist looking for a reliable but affordable router table, this SKIL RAS900 router table fits the bill. This table comes pre-assembled, has an easy mounting system, and can be folded and stored away easily when not in use. It features a smooth laminated MDF top, a starter pin and guard, two feather boards, and storage containers for router table parts.
This is a great router table particularly for DIYers and those working on lighter-duty tasks. One of the reviewers used it to make shelves for a bathroom remodel, and explained, “The mounting bracket fit my router perfectly and the on/off switch in front is incredibly convenient. The table and accessories are sturdy and work very well for smaller projects.”
4.Grizzly Industrial G0528
Pros & Cons
- Accepts any brand of portable router from 3/4 HP to 5 HP
- Cast iron table can be tilted 45° for convenient router installation
- Extruded aluminum sliding table and fence
- Main table surface: 30 3/4" x 9 7/8"
- Sliding table surface: 30 3/4" x 12 1/4"
When you invest in a large router with many bits, you want a solid and stationary shaper. This sliding router table makes it easier and safer to process materials, especially when making short or raised sides.
The split fence is quite easy to adjust and offers full support on both sides of your piece. There’s also a 2.5-inch dust hood, universal router mount, tilt-up table for router access, and a sturdy stand. The stand itself has a shelf so you can store things.
Pros & Cons
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 to 30,000 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Smooth rack and pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body for increased comfort and control
- Quick release cam lock system for easy depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- Soft start feature for smooth start ups
- Fixed base accepts industry standard template guides for convenience
- High visibility base design for improved handling and performance
- Base can be removed quickly to install other bases
- Heavy duty aluminum motor housing engineered for increased durability
Overall, we give the Makita RT0701C a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It has a durable, lightweight, and ergonomic design with a powerful engine for its size, has great technical features, and a low price tag.
Though it may not be the best choice for the heavy-duty or professional user and has a short warranty, it definitely goes above and beyond for its purpose and is an invaluable tool in any home toolkit.
Pros & Cons
- Purchase includes one stationary 13" Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base of the Planer base), extra blades and dust hose adapter. Stand is not included.
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4-inch cast aluminum base is 2 times more rigid than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables
- Automatic carriage lock reduces the movement that causes snipe without the need for manual engagement by the user
- Material removal gauge and extra large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Extra large turret depth-stop allows users to return to most frequently used thicknesses with ease
- Includes infeed and outfeed tables and an extra set of knives
DeWalt is a tool company that was originally founded back in 1923 by none other than Raymond E. DeWalt. The company started out quite small, but quickly grew larger, and this was thanks to the fact that Raymond DeWalt was the man who invented the first radial arm saw, and indeed, this became one of the early flagship products of the DeWalt brand. Keep in mind that the company was not incorporated as DeWalt until 1947.
What is interesting to note is that American Machine & Foundry Co. purchased the DeWalt name in 1949, but did not hang on to it for long. Instead, in 1960, the brand was sold to Black & Decker.
Pros & Cons
- Convert your Dremel corded & cordless rotary tool into a light-duty, bench-mounted precision wood shaper with the router table attachment
- Compact router table makes it easy to slot, edge, groove and/or sand items in both conventional and irregular shapes
- Easily mounts to any tabletop workspace. Compact and easy to store when not in use
- Features an adjustable fence and a large 8x6 inch worktable to support light-duty projects and precision work
- Compatible with Dremel 8220 cordless rotary tool and for use with corded models 100, 200, 3000, 4000, 4200 and 4300
- 1 year warranty
It’s only designed for the Dremel brand, but it can mount to any tabletop work area. It’s also easy to store because it’s compact.
One thing we like about this is that it’s compatible with many Dreme models, such as the 8220, 100, 3,000, 200, 4,200, and 4,000. You get a router table to edge, slot, sand, and groove items into irregular and conventional shapes.
The adjustable fence makes for precise workmanship with an 8 x 6-inch worktable. Though it’s not heavy-duty like some of the other brands we’ve talked about, it is a great product when you’re working on small things.
Best Table Router – Many times, a power tool can become more versatile when you use appropriate accessories. The router table is such an example of this.
Some projects require the use of a router table instead of just holding the machine in your hand. They can help you create amazing results, even for beginner woodworkers.
It’s often best to read reviews about the best benchtop router table options on the market. This is going to help you find the top table routers to add to the shop.