Best Time Warner Cable Modem for Gaming – The best modem for gaming on the market right now is the Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem. It’s future proof and works with most internet service providers.
The sleek machine is the newest option on the market with the fastest speeds, so you can game without lag or buffering. All this from a top brand with quality customer care that builds products meant to last.
Pros & Cons
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 performance - Delivers true Gigabit-plus speeds. Supports fast internet plans with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum. Backward compatible with 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0.
- Pairs with any WiFi router - Seamlessly compatible with any WiFi router to connect all your devices. This cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet speed - A 2.5 GB Ethernet port delivers true high-speed connectivity to even the fastest routers and computers, providing downstream speeds just below 2,500 Mbps and upstream speeds up to 800 Mbps when supported by your internet service plan.
- Fast streaming, conferencing, gaming - Applies Active Queue Management (AQM) for reduced Internet latency and better app performance, including online gaming, conferencing, and streaming.
- Extreme cost savings - Owning your own modem typically saves the home $168 per year in monthly rental charges. (Savings described is for Comcast Xfinity and vary by service provider.)
- Built for reliability - Motorola is a worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with a 2-year warranty and free support from our team of USA technicians.
Recently, the Motorola MB8611 was released from Zoom under the Motorola name . it’s compatible and approved to be used with Comcast XFINITY and Cox.
Furthermore, this cable modem will work with Gigabit plans and lower tiers. The MB8611 has an MSRP of . Should you buy it? Reveal more in Motorola MB8611 Docsis 3.1 Review.
2.NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
What’s not to love about the NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000? This sleek and aesthetic modem offers compatibility with several US cable internet providers and does so at an affordable price. These include Cox, Comcast Xfinity, and Spectrum.
Not to mention, setting this modem up takes only around five minutes! You’ll likely find this extremely convenient since you’ll be itching to get back to your favorite game. That said, an even more notable feature of this modem is its insane download speeds! This modem comes with a DOCSIS 3.1, which serves to provide 32×8 channel bonding.
3.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Better connectivity, better speed. The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is designed to bring you superior connectivity, increase your network capability and provide faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.1 is the newest technology available from cable internet providers. Its 10x faster than DOCSIS 3.0, provides better security, reduces lag while gaming & enables multi-gig networking (ability to run fast speeds on your copper cable from your internet provider).
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Plug-in the device, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the instructions to activate the modem. Connect to a Wi-Fi router for networking.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SB8200 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox (Gigablast), Spectrum (Internet Gig), Xfinity (Blast!/Extreme Pro) and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 1-Gbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Ethernet Ports: Has two 1-Gigabit ethernet ports to connect to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
ARRIS is the next big brand in cable modems, and the ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem is their best option. This cable modem is ready to power your home network with high speeds. Cable providers are upgrading their services to offer DOSIS 3.1 speeds, which is why you need a modem ready to go into the future with you. Now is the time to get a modem better than your company will provide with faster streaming and downloading for your gaming needs.
If you have a 4K Ultra-HD monitor or television, then you need a faster modem capable of keeping up with video streaming, virtual reality, and of course, your favorite game too. What we love about this device is it has two 1 gigabit ethernet ports. It also comes with 32 x 8 plus 2 x 2 modem channels.
4.TP-Link 16×4 AC1750
Pros & Cons
- Eliminate rental fee: eliminate your cable Modem monthly rental fee - up to $120 per year
- Cable Modem router: item is cable Modem router and this will serve as both your cable Modem and Wi-Fi router
- Industry leading support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support; J. D. Power Ranked TP-LINK "highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers in 2017"；great for cable internet plans up to 300Mbps with Infinity from Comcast, spectrum (including Charter, time Warner Cable, and bright house networks), Cox, Sudden link, Mediacom, and wow
- Faster speed: up to 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with simultaneous 2. 4GHz (up to 450Mbps) and 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) bands; Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, up to 680Mbps download speeds
- Increased Wi-Fi range: six internal antennas and high-powered amplifiers Boost signal strength and reduce interference
Now, if you’re looking for a budget option, give the AC1750 a shot. The modem/router combo is definitely far more feasible than separate devices. That way, you have the benefit of having a plethora of wired connections spread across your gaming devices. Simultaneously, you can still enjoy your more casual device through wireless connections. Not to mention, it also comes with a two-year warranty period.
In terms of download speeds, this one offers up to 2GB. Besides, this modem also handles both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, bands. However, perhaps its stand-out feature is how flexible this modem is in terms of channel bonding options. You can indulge in a total of 16 downstream channels and four upstream channels.
5.ASUS Modem Router Combo
Pros & Cons
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
The ASUS Modem Router Combo is another one you can try out if you would rather not have dedicated devices laying about your house. This 2-in-1 option comes with four WiFi transmitters to enhance both sensitivity and transmission range. How does this help? Well, it assures you of a reliable performance whether you wire up your system directly or rely on wireless Wi-Fi signals.
This modem also comes with certification from major cable providers, including Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox. Of course, with a DOCSIS 3.0 and 32×8 cable modem, you can expect a seamless online gaming experience. Not to mention, its AC2600 WiFi router ensures fast internet connection speeds with minimal congestions.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more; Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router), Interfaces: Cable: F type female 75 ohm
- Experience high speed Wi Fi speeds from your existing ISP plans up to 300 Mbps; Ideal for HD media streaming, simultaneous online gaming, web surfing and more
- Features Intel Puma 6 chipset to achieve high speed downstream and upstream performance
- Easy plug and play setup
The final product we have to recommend to you is Linksys CM3024 cable modem. Much like the other modems on this list, this one pays for itself in a year because you can avoid ridiculous cable modem rental fees. However, if you’re conscious about not spending too much, this is the better option for you because it’s a budget modem.
This sleek tower-like modem has a super simple setup process that involves only three steps. Post setup, you can expect faster download speeds that are just as reliable because of its 24×8 channel bonding. It’s definitely not the fastest on this list, with a maximum download speed of 300 Mbps, but its DOCSIS 3.0 ensures a decent performance
Pros & Cons
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does not have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of 120 dollar or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
Model MB7621 is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps. Wirecutter rates this “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner ensures faster, more reliable Internet.
This cable modem’s 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game station, or streaming video device.
Best Time Warner Cable Modem for Gaming – When you game online, you need all of your equipment to be the best you can afford. This goes for everything from your keyboard and mouse combo, to your RAM and GPU. If you’re a serious, online multiplayer gamer, there is no aspect more important to every round you play, than your connection consistency. Enter: your modem.
Your modem is what bridges the gap between single-player, and the rest of the gaming universe. Even with a top-tier gaming rig and a gigabit fiber backbone, you aren’t getting anything important done with a cheap, or even worse, a leased modem. You need a reliable, fast modem that can not only support your marathon domination sessions but won’t leave your other connections stranded either.