Best Vdsl Modem for Centurylink – DSL technology varies so vastly from place to place that finding a compatible modem for CenturyLink is tricky business.
But buying your modem can save you money in the long run, since CenturyLink charges $15 per month for you to lease one. Fortunately, we’ve gathered a bunch of good options for you to pick from.
In the end, though, we recommend buying your modem through CenturyLink. You’ll get a compatible DSL modem for CenturyLink at $200—that’s cheaper than the modems you’ll find on Amazon—and the device is guaranteed to work with your CenturyLink service.
Pros & Cons
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- Works with any wifi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
This DSL Modem from Netgear is one of the best modems available. You can easily set up the model by plugging the coaxial cable into the modem and activating it. With this modem, you can save money every month. The modem can offer Internet of high speeds depending on the network provider. If the provider is Spectrum, the Internet speed would be up to 400 Mbps; for Infinity, the rate is up to 200 Mbps, and Cox offers 150 Mbps.
The modem can work with all major brands of WiFi routers. This modem is built with 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 to perform as desired. The ethernet port can be connected to your computer or the WiFi router.
Pros & Cons
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports ; 1 x 3.0 and 1 x 2.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
This modem works with DSL internet service providers only like CenturyLink when Frontier. It is equipped with an Auto-detection wizard that will allow you to access the internet faster. You can enjoy high-speed internet of up to 1.9 Gbps. This modem has high-powered amplifiers and external antennas. The beamforming technology of this modem shows that high-speed internet can be attained at long distances.
You can use this modem to stream high-definition content and to play games online. The modem has 2 USB ports and is relatively easy to install and use. You can share essential files across your network. If you have devices like Samsung Galaxy, iPhone 6, iPad, and more, it can perfectly access the Internet with this modem. Parents can also monitor internet usage. Some customers have complained that the customer service offered by the brand is not helpful. Customers were satisfied with the signal strength of WiFi.
3.Motorola AC2600 4×4
Pros & Cons
- The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
- Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
- Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
- Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.
This router from Motorola provides high-speed internet over an extended range of distances. The router does not have a cable modem built within it. You can use this dual-band router to use WiFi to connect to your computers, tablets, smartphones, and game stations. It has four external antennas that can be adjusted to get the best service. You can also watch your favorite shows from different streaming stations such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, and YouTube. It is designed using MU-MIMO technology that improves the speed of your network and allows multiple devices to use the internet at the same time.
The beamforming feature ensures that high-speed WiFi is available over a more extended range. The router comes with a USB 3.0 port, Smart QoS support, parental controls, a user-friendly firewall, and many more features. Parents can control the websites accessed by their children. For some customers, the router started malfunctioning after a while, and they had to reboot it constantly for it to work.
4.Actiontec 300 Mbps
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with ADSL CenturyLink (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers
- Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc. WIRELESS SECURITY: TKIP, AES encryption, 802.1x authentication,Pre-Shared Key (PSK),MAC Address Filtering
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings. Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router. INTERFACES: Four 10/100 Ethernet Local Area Network, One Asymmetric digital subscriber line ( ADSL ) Port
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards compatibility ensures that older wireless devices are supported, giving your wireless network the best of both worlds.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream.
This router is pre-configured and can be set up quickly. It is compatible with all major DSL service providers. It does not work with Cox, Time Warner, and other cable systems. The router is built with the latest technology and offers high-speed internet. The router supports older devices and the latest devices. The router has been tested with ADSL2 and DSL providers before being sold. It is designed with MU-MIMO technology and eliminates dead spots.
The router has a strong firewall that keeps the network safe from intruders. The security Protocol consists of WPA and WPA2 encryptions along with a unique Id. You do not need any CDs to install this router. With this router, you can stream your favorite content easily. This router allows you to use the internet at a speed of 300 Mbps. You can contact the support team of the brand in case of queries.
Pros & Cons
- Energy efficient design
- Actiontec GEU003AD3B-01 1-Port DSL Modem
- Web site blocking
- Port Forwarding
- Multiple Security Levels
The router is equipped with Touchlink technology and allows users to connect to it easily. Guests can connect to your network without a password, and they can join it by just touching it. You can stream all your devices at high speed. This router allows you to play games online with your friends. You can get 867 Mbps on the 5GHz frequency band and 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz frequency band. This router will assign the device to the best channel available. The high speed of this touter allows you to transfer large files in a few minutes.
You can stream high-definition videos without any interruptions. It has four omnidirectional antennas and has beamforming technology that offers internet for long distances. You can use this router in your offices and homes.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with only DSL internet service providers such as CenturyLink (non-bonded VDSL) and Frontier (non-bonded VDSL)
- Not compatible with upgraded vectoring CenturyLink DSLAM
- Please contact your ISP for PPPoE username/password and VPI/VCI information before installation
- Not compatible with Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse or bonded VDSL
- ** VERY IMPORTANT ** Please Note: Kindly refer the Instructional Video, the User Manual & the User Guide before use which is highly essential
- Built-in VDSL, compatible with ADSL connections - Compatible with VDSL, VDSL2, ADSL, ADSL2, & ADSL2+
This router works with DSL internet service providers like CenturyLink and Frontier. It does not work with CenturyLink DSLAM. Before installing the router, you need to receive your username and password from your Internet Service Provider. For your router to function correctly, you need to go through the instruction manual available with this router. A power adapter is available with this router.
You can connect the modem to your phone line and set up the router. It offers high-speed internet in a wide range of areas. You can update the software to improve the features. The router will scan for available networks and automatically connect to the best one available. The modem weighs less and uses a voltage of 12 Volts. It has an impressive design. In case of questions, you can contact the customer support team of the brand.
Pros & Cons
- CenuryLink C3000Z
- ZyXEL C3000Z Modem
- CenturyLink XYTEL 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi- Router
- CenturyLink Router
- UMEC UP0251M-12PA AC Adapter
If you are looking for a modem that can be installed and used efficiently, this is the one for you. The router offers high-speed, internet over extended areas. You can buy this router at an affordable price. The router is sheer and can be used by everyone. This router works with DSL service providers. Before purchasing this router, ensure that it works with your service provider.
If you are looking for a router that can last for a long time, this is not the one for you. This router allows you to save money. Many customers have recommended this router to their friends because of the impressive strength of the WiFi. The router comes with a distinguished yellow color cable and has one USB port. In case of any queries, you can contact the customer support team of the brand.
Best Vdsl Modem for Centurylink – CenturyLink’s all-in-one modem/router, referred to as a gateway, allows you to connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the internet without additional equipment.