Best Wifi Modem for Time Warner Cable – Spectrum hooks you up to its internet modem for free. But if you need a wireless router to support multiple devices in your home, you’ll need to pay $5 a month to rent one from Spectrum.
Or you can buy your own. And using your own router, modem, or modem-router combo might give you a better online experience thanks to cutting-edge tech and features, like our top pick, the ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 modem.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC
- 3 products in 1: 16x4 Cable Modem, AC1900 WiFi Router and Gigabit 4 port Wired Router
- Ceritified on Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse Networks), Mediacom and many other US Cable Internet Providers. Requires Internet Service.
It is not unusual to get faced with questions such as “what is the password of your Wi-Fi” especially when people walk through your door. It is smart for the best modem router for Time Warner to come with an in-built Wi-Fi router.
This is where the ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC comes in. it is a Wi-Fi router and cable modem combination that comes with a unique blend of reliability, speed, and affordability.back to menu ↑
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM700 replaces your cable modem saving you up to 168 Dollars/year in equipment rental fees.
This modem is compatible with the major cable internet providers. Using it means you will be saving quite a lot of money on rentals. It got built to offer users superior speeds of up to 500 Mbps. Also is the fact that it works with all Wi-Fi routers. It has a 1 Gigabit Ethernet connection that connects your PC to a different WiFi router.
The modem technology is DOCSIS 3.0 and it has 32×8 channels. Modem uses one of the fastest communication technology and gives bandwidths of as much as 175Mbps. What this means is that you will be able to download large movie files within seconds.back to menu ↑
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 168 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 does not have a phone jack. This model cannot be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
This DOCSIS 3.0 modem comes equipped with 16 channels as well as 4 upstream channels, this is often enough for the users. In the case of the router interface, it has four ether ports besides the dual-band Wi-Fi. It also comes with other router features such as firewalls.
In the case of the router, the Wi-Fi signals tend to degrade after some time even though this can get fixed with a reset. This is a very impressive product at the end of the day. It also has good router features and standard transfer rates.back to menu ↑
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
The NETGEAR CM600 comes compatible with most internet cable providers as well as some solid certifications. Using this modem will go a long way in saving you money on monthly rental fees. It is also built for fast speed and is best suited for cable provider plans of up to 400Mbps.
Also, it works well with all other WiFi Routers to support your devices. It got engineered using the DOCSIS 3.0 and the 24×8 Channel bonding.back to menu ↑
- Eliminate Your Cable Modem Monthly Rental Fee
- Item is Cable Modem Router and great with Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps
The TC-W7960 is quite easy to set up. It comes with an 8×4 cannel bonding which ensures that your connections are reliable. This is so that you can watch movies, play games, and download files without hampering your internet speed.
It has a frequency range of about 2.4GHz and it has interfaces such as the 4×10/100/1000 Mbps. This modem router is compatible with internet plans up to 1500Mbps. It gives users up to 300 Mbps stream, game, and download speeds on Wi-Fi.back to menu ↑
6.ARRIS Surfboard SB6183-RB
- APPROVED with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse), Cox and more. If not sure call your cable provider to find out if approved to use. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service. Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). NO support for Cable TELCO options
one notable feature of this model is that it lacks an in-built router. This implies that before you can use it well, you need to have a router.
You will be getting up to 131 Mbps upload speed and 686 Mbps download speed based on ISP subscriptions. This implies that this modem is ideal for people who want to enjoy watching online HD games and playing video games online.back to menu ↑
7.Zoom 8×4 Cable Modem
The model 5345 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your PC, HomePlug adapter, router, and other Ethernet-enabled devices. Also, when you are using a router, the internet service may get shared with more than one device.
The number of channels supported by a cable modem is the core indicator of the speed of the modem. This modem is an 8×4 modem and it supports four channels for uploads and eight channels for downloads. Because this 8×4 modem uses the cable network with greater efficiency, its average speeds can be quite faster. This is also applicable for service speeds that are below the top speed of the modem.back to menu ↑
Best Wifi Modem for Time Warner Cable – Although many other internet providers charge their customers a rental fee for providing them a cable modem, the Charter Spectrum Internet service does not have a rental fee for modems.
However, there is a catch: Although Charter does not charge customers for the cable modem itself, they do charge a monthly fee if you want to use the WiFi on the modem device.