Best Wrt Router – Without any doubt, DD-WRT routers are perhaps the best way to experience everything your Web connection has to offer. By getting a capable router and installing DD-WRT firmware, you get a whole arsenal of advanced tools that let you control, fine-tune, and optimize your Web browsing experience.
Features like parental controls and content filtering, advanced optimization for different online activities, online privacy protection, and protection against malware are just the tip of a giant iceberg. However, the big question here is – what are truly the best DD-WRT routers in 2021? Well, let us tell you – you’ve come to the right place!
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X6
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- Smart parental controls: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. Set online time limits, schedule device internet access, and more for dollar 4.99/month (1st month free trial).
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats. Get peace of mind knowing you have the best-in-class anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 is an upgraded and versatile router. With tri-band operations and Genie software, this best DD-WRT router beats all. The interface for both installation and overall performance is very impressive. I loved the high-grade security this router offers to most users.
The best part about this router is the fact that it offers 3,200 Mbps bandwidth no matter when. It even boasts of both manual and automatic configurations.
Starting with the design of the router, it offers a sleek and angular build. The geometrically lined grille has a neat, beast-like appearance. The 13 LEDs at the bottom provide clear notifications for when the bands and ports are activated. Lastly, the six durable antennas help achieve great signal for speedy performance.
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
The ASUS AC5300 Wireless boasts of dynamic technical features. When it comes to wireless connectivity and specifications, it’s a fair competitor.
The external eight antennas offer high-quality performance while eliminating collisions. Such acceleration in transfer rates helps this best DD-WRT router every time. All thanks to the 4T4R configuration of the antennas.
That said, this router would be perfect for hardcore gamers. It features MU-MIMO technology that offers multiple user input and output. Consider this beast as something you’d use to specialize in gaming on a whole new level. It supports 4K video streaming, whether you’re using it at home or in the office. It features dual USB ports with a transfer rate capacity of 5-GHz.
- AC1900 WIFI SPEEDS Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- DUAL BAND WIFI—Faster connections to more Wi Fi networks.System Requirements: Windows OS or Mac OS computer. Best performance with USB 3.0; compatible with USB 2.0 Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, (32/64 bit). Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- MULTIPLE OS SUPPORT—Compatible with Mac and Windows. The Windows standalone diver allows you to use a built in windows configuration tool to connect the adapter to a WiFi network
- 3x4 MIMO DESIGN—More bandwidth capacity when downloading and uploading data to and from the wireless network
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER— Connects to any Wi Fi and for extreme Wi Fi speed
There’s nothing about the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 that you won’t love. It features 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi capacity, thanks to its dual-core 1-GHz processor. It’s one of the best deals to find. Especially if you’re looking for beamforming reliability and 100% robust streaming prioritization.
This best DD-WRT router is the exemplary model for its Dynamic QoS streaming features. It comes with durable amplifiers and active external antennas.
The user-friendly interface, cutting-edge performance, and skill are hard to beat. Not to mention, the 100% wireless coverage makes it perfect for all types of gaming. If that’s what you’re into!
- 600Mbps of total available bandwidth, which includes 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 300Mbps at 5GHz
- 2 external detachable dual band antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
- 1 USB Port - Easily share a printer locally and files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
- Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guests sharing your home or office network
- IP-based Bandwidth Control makes it easier for you to manage the bandwidth of individual devices connected to the router
- Easily setup a WPA encrypted connection at a push of the WPS button
- Live Parental Controls allow parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff
- TP-LINK Live 24/7 Technical Support
TP-Link is popular for offering cost-effective products to everyone. The TP-Link N600 is yet another stellar creation with dual-band connection. It comes with a 300 Mbps range with 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz processing power. It offers dual USB ports, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a WPS button.
You can transfer and print media easily over the internet. The gigabit ports provide seamless and speedy transfer speeds. And thanks to the WAN to LAN throughput, this router offers blazing fast performance. Another one of its convincing benefits is acting as an FTP server. So this keeps the router secure and efficient right out of the box.
- Ultimate Wi-Fi performance with AC3200 Tri Band speeds (1 x 600 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 2 x 1300 Mbps in 5GHz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network
- Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high performance antennas
- The 1GHz dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless speeds
- Advanced smart connect allocates the best possible band for maximal Wi-Fi performance; Wi-Fi coverage large home, Compatibility: Works with existing and future Wi-Fi devices
- Advanced AC Smart Beam tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range throughout your home
- Intelligent QoS traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Intuitive user interface for easy Installation and network management from your mobile devices or desktop
- Advanced security features WPA/WPA2 encryption for a safe home network.Box shows the part as DIR 890L and the color designation of red is the /R
Ever used a tri-band DD-WRT router with blazing fast internet? The D-Link AC3200 offers dual 1,300 Mbps and dual 600 Mbps. This is possible because of its three high-powered wireless bands. A beast it rightfully is but not without a proper price tag.
It offers better design and performance. And I’m confident you’ll love its attractive shape and glossy finish. The ventilation is plenty to keep the internal hardware under normal temperature. Regardless of its upgraded hardware feature, heating is not going to be a problem.
- Provides up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps)
- MU-MIMO (multi user multiple input multiple output) provides Wi Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
As far as performance goes, the Linksys AC1900 Router is a class apart. It offers 1,900 Mbps with 1.6-GHz dual-core processing power. It offers an impressive range and an easy setup. To be fair, it is Linksys’s best wireless router yet. So there’s a lot of new features and upgrades this best DD-WRT router boasts of.
The OpenWRT and DD-WRT open-source firmware make all the difference. It packs a faster CPU and client performance. The router also comes with 256MB RAM alongside 128MB of flash. The TRENDnet component also features an additional 16MB of flash for extra safekeeping. So what’s so great about this dual-band wireless router?
ASUS offers an excellent range of networking routers. They’re not just known for their graphic cards and motherboards. That
said, the ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100 is a big deal in the networking world. It is the second gaming-specific wireless router. It even features a couple of game-driven customizations to enhance its performance.
Starting with the design, this router looks more hardcore than other models. It stands out, despite its standard red/black design. The multiple LED indicators offer easy accessibility. It includes power, WAN connectivity, WPS, USB port, and much more.
Best Wrt Router – Before we get started, let’s answer some common doubts. First of all, yes – it’s true that DD-WRT routers can be quite expensive. However, we fully understand that our readers want options for different budgets and routers suitable for different needs.
That’s the reason why we’ll go over a sizeable list of the best DD-WRT routers, providing answers to all your questions. And also, make sure to closely inspect the specs of your chosen router before buying it. This will help you make sure that you can use your Web connection up to its full extent, especially its speed.