Best Wrt Router – Without any doubt, DD-WRT routers are perhaps the best way to experience everything your Web connection has to offer. By getting a capable router and installing DD-WRT firmware, you get a whole arsenal of advanced tools that let you control, fine-tune, and optimize your Web browsing experience.
Features like parental controls and content filtering, advanced optimization for different online activities, online privacy protection, and protection against malware are just the tip of a giant iceberg. However, the big question here is – what are truly the best DD-WRT routers in 2021? Well, let us tell you – you’ve come to the right place!
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X6
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 is an upgraded and versatile router. With tri-band operations and Genie software, this best DD-WRT router beats all. The interface for both installation and overall performance is very impressive. I loved the high-grade security this router offers to most users.
The best part about this router is the fact that it offers 3,200 Mbps bandwidth no matter when. It even boasts of both manual and automatic configurations.
Starting with the design of the router, it offers a sleek and angular build. The geometrically lined grille has a neat, beast-like appearance. The 13 LEDs at the bottom provide clear notifications for when the bands and ports are activated. Lastly, the six durable antennas help achieve great signal for speedy performance.back to menu ↑
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
The ASUS AC5300 Wireless boasts of dynamic technical features. When it comes to wireless connectivity and specifications, it’s a fair competitor.
The external eight antennas offer high-quality performance while eliminating collisions. Such acceleration in transfer rates helps this best DD-WRT router every time. All thanks to the 4T4R configuration of the antennas.
That said, this router would be perfect for hardcore gamers. It features MU-MIMO technology that offers multiple user input and output. Consider this beast as something you’d use to specialize in gaming on a whole new level. It supports 4K video streaming, whether you’re using it at home or in the office. It features dual USB ports with a transfer rate capacity of 5-GHz.back to menu ↑
- AC1900 WIFI SPEEDS Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- DUAL BAND WIFI—Faster connections to more Wi Fi networks.System Requirements: Windows OS or Mac OS computer. Best performance with USB 3.0; compatible with USB 2.0 Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, (32/64 bit). Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
There’s nothing about the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 that you won’t love. It features 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi capacity, thanks to its dual-core 1-GHz processor. It’s one of the best deals to find. Especially if you’re looking for beamforming reliability and 100% robust streaming prioritization.
This best DD-WRT router is the exemplary model for its Dynamic QoS streaming features. It comes with durable amplifiers and active external antennas.
The user-friendly interface, cutting-edge performance, and skill are hard to beat. Not to mention, the 100% wireless coverage makes it perfect for all types of gaming. If that’s what you’re into!back to menu ↑
- 600Mbps of total available bandwidth, which includes 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 300Mbps at 5GHz
- 2 external detachable dual band antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
TP-Link is popular for offering cost-effective products to everyone. The TP-Link N600 is yet another stellar creation with dual-band connection. It comes with a 300 Mbps range with 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz processing power. It offers dual USB ports, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a WPS button.
You can transfer and print media easily over the internet. The gigabit ports provide seamless and speedy transfer speeds. And thanks to the WAN to LAN throughput, this router offers blazing fast performance. Another one of its convincing benefits is acting as an FTP server. So this keeps the router secure and efficient right out of the box.back to menu ↑
- Ultimate Wi-Fi performance with AC3200 Tri Band speeds (1 x 600 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 2 x 1300 Mbps in 5GHz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network
- Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high performance antennas
Ever used a tri-band DD-WRT router with blazing fast internet? The D-Link AC3200 offers dual 1,300 Mbps and dual 600 Mbps. This is possible because of its three high-powered wireless bands. A beast it rightfully is but not without a proper price tag.
It offers better design and performance. And I’m confident you’ll love its attractive shape and glossy finish. The ventilation is plenty to keep the internal hardware under normal temperature. Regardless of its upgraded hardware feature, heating is not going to be a problem.back to menu ↑
- Provides up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
As far as performance goes, the Linksys AC1900 Router is a class apart. It offers 1,900 Mbps with 1.6-GHz dual-core processing power. It offers an impressive range and an easy setup. To be fair, it is Linksys’s best wireless router yet. So there’s a lot of new features and upgrades this best DD-WRT router boasts of.
The OpenWRT and DD-WRT open-source firmware make all the difference. It packs a faster CPU and client performance. The router also comes with 256MB RAM alongside 128MB of flash. The TRENDnet component also features an additional 16MB of flash for extra safekeeping. So what’s so great about this dual-band wireless router?back to menu ↑
ASUS offers an excellent range of networking routers. They’re not just known for their graphic cards and motherboards. That
said, the ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100 is a big deal in the networking world. It is the second gaming-specific wireless router. It even features a couple of game-driven customizations to enhance its performance.
Starting with the design, this router looks more hardcore than other models. It stands out, despite its standard red/black design. The multiple LED indicators offer easy accessibility. It includes power, WAN connectivity, WPS, USB port, and much more.back to menu ↑
Best Wrt Router – Before we get started, let’s answer some common doubts. First of all, yes – it’s true that DD-WRT routers can be quite expensive. However, we fully understand that our readers want options for different budgets and routers suitable for different needs.
That’s the reason why we’ll go over a sizeable list of the best DD-WRT routers, providing answers to all your questions. And also, make sure to closely inspect the specs of your chosen router before buying it. This will help you make sure that you can use your Web connection up to its full extent, especially its speed.