Best Network Adapter for Gaming – Whether you are using a gaming desktop or an older gaming laptop, there is a very high chance that it does not have WiFi connectivity. This can be quite a big issue if you wish to play online multiplayer games but do not have access to a wired network access.
In that case, you can go with one of the best WiFi adapters for gaming present above. We have also discussed their information and features along with a comprehensive buying guide. Keeping these things in mind, here are our preferred recommended picks for the best WiFi adapters for gaming:
Pros & Cons
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports ; 1 x 3.0 and 1 x 2.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
The Nighthawk AC1900 supports Wi-Fi 5 with a dual-band connection, letting you connect over 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. This means you can get some serious speeds, with the 2.4GHz connection capable of hitting up to 600Mbps and the 5GHz connection going as high as 1,300Mbps.
With an optional dock, beamforming, and an adjustable antenna array with four antennae inside, it can help ensure you get a strong signal. Just make sure you’re connecting this beast to your computers over USB 3.0, or you’ll be leaving performance on the table.
Pros & Cons
- The next and fastest generation of Wi-Fi
- Distributes heat away from core components to improve reliability and performance
- Supports advanced security: 64/128 WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES) beamforming technology: connect with stronger, more reliable wireless connections
- Mimo technology: 3x3 dual band Modulation: omnidirectional and upgradeable antennas maximize wireless range and stability supports Windows XP/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10: DOWNLOAD the latest driver on
This Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE WiFi adapter for gaming comes at the 3rd position of this article because this can be another viable option for desktop users. This is due to the reason that you get PCIe connectivity this WiFi adapter allowing you to install it on the motherboard.
Because this is a PCIe WiFi adapter, you can expect excellent speeds from it which happen to be 600 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps for 5 GHz. Rosewill ensures that you can use this WiFi adapter with all modern gaming computers since it works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Pros & Cons
- Amazing Data Transfer Speeds: N 300Mbps, AC 867Mbps
- Supported Standard's: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11N, 802.11ac
- Wide Range: Includes 2 Dual-Band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) Removable 5dBi Rubber Duck Antennas
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, Mac 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 & Linux
- Wireless Security: WEP 64-Bit, WEP 128-Bit, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
This wireless adaptor for PC has removable 5 dBi dual-band dipole rubber duck antennas that are powerful and the RP-SMA female antenna port will allow you to upgrade your antenna, giving you more signal and a wider range. Data transfer speed of N 300Mbps and AC 867Mbps and supports 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g as well as 802.11ac.
The Alfa includes a 2 dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Keep your wireless network secure with WEP 64-bit, WEP 128-bit, WPA-PSK, or WPA2-PSK. For frequent flyers and people who travel a lot and need to take their connectivity with them everywhere, the Alfa Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3.0 Wi-Fi is lightweight and offers an ultra-small form factor.
4.TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900
Pros & Cons
- SYSTEM SUPPORT - Windows 8.1/ 8 / 7 / XP 32/64bit
TP-Link AC1900 WiFi adapter for gaming is another adapter made primarily for desktop users who play online games. This is due to the reason that it uses the PCIe slots of your computer for its connectivity needs.
Once you have installed it, you can expect to get decently high transfer speeds from it which are rated at 400 Mbps for 2.4 Ghz and 867 Mbps which should be ample for most users despite being lower than others. TP-Link has not compromised in terms of its compatibility since it works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Pros & Cons
- ULTIMATE WI-FI SPEED: You Can Get 867Mbps Wireless Speed on 5GHz WiFi Band or 300Mbps Speed on 2.4GHz WiFi Band, Excellent for Online 4K Video, Gaming, High Quality Music and Facebook by Using this Dual Band USB WiFi Adapter
- BOOST YOUR RANGE: Comes with 2 pieces of 5dBi High Gain Wifi Antennas, this Long Range WiFi Adapter Ensures Range Extended WiFi and Superior Stability on Your Desktop, Laptop, PC
- FLEXIBLE DEPLOYMENT: Equipped with a USB 3.0 Cradle with Extension Cable of 5 Feet, Connect it to Any USB Ports of Your Desktop, Laptop or PC and Put this USB WiFi Network Adapter in Spot with Optimal WiFi Signal Reception; Or You Can Also Plug this USB WiFi Dongle Directly to Any USB Port of Your Desktops or Laptops
- USB 3.0 PORT WITH GOLD PLATED: Comes with USB 3.0 Port which Works 10 Times Faster than USB 2.0; USB Port with Gold Plated Ensures More Stable and Solid Internet Connection; And it is Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 Port; Your Best WiFi Adapter for PC of Desktop and Laptop
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: This Wireless Adapter Works with Any WiFi Routers; Support Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7; *To Get OPTIMUM WIFI SPEED, Please Download Latest Driver on BrosTrend Official Web; Offers 7X24 Technical Support
- ADVANCED WPA3 SECURITY: Secure Your Devices and Network Privacy by Supporting the Latest Wireless Encryption: WPA3-SAE, WPA2/WPA/WEP, AES/PSK/TKIP, 802.1x. Note: The chipset model number is Realtek RTL8812BU or RTL8822BU
Impressive speed, superior range, and great flexibility are what you get with the BrosTrend wireless adapter. The exceptional range of this adapter is offered through two pieces of 5dBi high gain antennas and a USB 3.0 cradle that has an extension cable of 5 feet, allowing you to find just the right spot for the best reception.
You can get up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band and 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band which provides ultimate speeds to stream 4K ultra HD video, game lag-free, listen to music, or simply browse social media. The gold-plated USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than your standard 2.0 port while being backward compatible with the 2.0 should you need it.
6.EDUP USB WiFi
Pros & Cons
- USB WiFi Adapter with AP Mode -- Offering 150Mbps at 2.4GHz for online gaming and 4K Ultra HD video streaming .You can create a hot spot with the Soft AP function for more WiFi device
- Widely Compatibility -- Support OS Windows 11 / 10 / 8 / 8.1 / 7 / XP, Mac OS 10.6 -10.11 for MacBook / Desktop PC / Laptop
- 6dBi Antennas -- The high-gain external antenna provides greater signal penetration and wider coverage for better performance with coverage up to 50-150 meters
- Install Driver Tips : First install the driver from CD disk, then plug this usb wifi adapter into your PC. ( NOTE: If the CD can not be used, please contact us to get the driver download site via amazon message, thanks )
- Warranty -- 3 years manufacturer replacement warranty and 45 days no questions asked return policy.( If have any question, please feel free to contact us via amazon message )
Edup and its networking products like their WiFi adapter stated here can be a great option for all those of you who are on a tight budget.
This Edup WiFi adapter for gaming is the cheapest option stated here making it the perfect option for buyers on a budget. Being an entry-level WiFi adapter, it is a USB adapter that still uses the 802.11ac protocol for dual-band connectivity.
Even though its speeds may not be the highest, for the given price, its speeds of up to 150 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and up to 600 Mbps on 5 GHz are quite good. Being a USB WiFi adapter, it works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 for high compatibility.
7.NET-DYN Mini AC1300
Pros & Cons
Since a lot of people use WiFi adapters with their laptops while on the go, Net Dyn offers one of the smallest adapters at the expense of the WiFi range that it offers. It has such a compact design thanks to its USB connectivity and dongle-like design.
Apart from affecting its range, the speeds offered by this WiFi adapter are also a bit limited because of its given size. You only get 300 Mbps with 2.4 GHz and 600 Mbps with 5 GHz while using this WiFi adapter. Fortunately, it has not compromised in terms of its compatibility since it can work with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Best Network Adapter for Gaming – While almost any laptop you find on the market today will have a Wi-Fi card built into it, not all desktop PCs have the same luxury. If you’re building a gaming PC, you may be shocked to discover that many of the best motherboards don’t include Wi-Fi. Even those that do offer Wi-Fi often have a cheaper version available that leaves it out. Add-in cards are an option for Wi-Fi, but by far the easiest way to give computers a wireless connection is with a USB Wi-Fi adapter.
These simple adapters are generally a plug-and-play solution. All it takes is plugging them into the USB port on your computer (and maybe installing a driver), and your computer will then gain Wi-Fi. Most USB Wi-Fi adapters even offer solid speed, with some supporting dual-band wireless for connections to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.