Best Network Adapter for Windows 10 – Most desktop PCs which come with Wi-Fi cards can’t handle the frequent interference of the modern-day world. You will frequently see connection loss or delay in browsing web pages. Plus, they are seldom compatible with the newer devices at home such as Comcast.
Wireless Wi-Fi adapters change this scenario. And the best thing is that they do not need an extra source of power. Just plug them to a compatible USB port.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- UPGRADE YOUR WIFI PERFORMANCE: Upgrade your computer up to 1300 Mbps WiFi AC or 600 Mbps WiFi N to surf, game, and stream 4K HD video.
- PRIOR TO INSTALLATION: Please ensure Windows is up to date, then follow the Quick Installation Guide to install the latest driver.
There are nano adapters at the tiny end of the scale, and at the opposite end is the Trendnet TEW-809UB. This networking adapter tosses portability out the window, for faster AC1900 (N600, AC1300) speeds and serious antennas—four, to be exact, all positionable with a strength of 5 dBi each. There is only a driver provided, but no software. Instead, Windows is in control of the networking duties. The adapter does not support MU-MIMO but does support Beamforming.
In use, the Trendnet TEW-809UB is stable and fast. It puts its antennas to good use, beating every other adapter tested on our wireless fringe location testing—on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. This is a great solution if you’re using Wi-Fi in a challenging situation with a weak signal.back to menu ↑
- AC1900 WIFI SPEEDS Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- DUAL BAND WIFI—Faster connections to more Wi Fi networks.System Requirements: Windows OS or Mac OS computer. Best performance with USB 3.0; compatible with USB 2.0 Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, (32/64 bit). Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
When it comes to the best gaming routers, there are few names as ubiquitous as the Netgear Nighthawk. Netgear has been producing excellent gaming routers for some time, and the Nighthawk AC1900 brings that same performance to a portable USB adapter.
This won’t necessarily get you a blazing fast connection in your local coffee shop, but at home, you can use the included magnetic desktop cradle to ensure your rig is getting the best possible connection from your router a couple of rooms away.back to menu ↑
3.ASUS USB-AC68 AC1900
- Instantly upgrades desktops/laptops to Dual-Band AC1900 Wi-Fi for extended coverage and higher throughput
- Powerful 3x4 MIMO design with Dual 3-position external antennas, Dual internal antennas and ASUS AiRadar beamforming
The Asus USB-AC68 adapter features a novel folding design that incorporates dual deployable antennas. It supports USB 3.0, as well as the AC1900 standard, Asus AiRadar Beamforming, and MU-MIMO via a 3×4 antenna design.
The results are a bit of a mixed bag as this Asus adapter lags in the 2.4 GHz tests at a distance. While the 5 GHz tests are much more reliable, it still wasn’t the fastest at either the close or far distance tested.back to menu ↑
- 11ac Super Fast Wi-Fi Speed: Speedy Wi-Fi 5 AC1750 Wi-Fi for HD streaming and gaming with transfer speeds up to 450Mbps (2.4GHz) or 1300Mbps (5GHz).
- USB 3.0 Interface: Unleash the full potential of 802.11ac wireless standards with faster throughput of USB 3.0 interface.
The Edimax EW-7833UAC is the update to our previous budget adapter pick, the EW-7822UAC. While many mainstream adapters suffice with AC1200 specs, this one takes it a notch up with AC1750 speeds (N450, AC1300). Installation was straightforward, with Windows 10 managing the settings.
While it is similar in size to other mainstream adapters, it cleverly features a small deployable piece that contains three antennas to increase range and throughput, along with support for both MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology.back to menu ↑
- Supports Microsoft Windows 10, 7, 8, XP, Vista
- Lightning fast HD Video and Gaming
The Linksys WUSB6300 gets termed “micro” by the Linksys folks. To be fair, it is quite small. It offers AC1200 speeds, which translates to about 860Mbps via 5 GHz, and 300Mbps on 2.4 GHz. Even with the tiny size, it supports the latest technology for wireless adapters, including MU-MIMO and Beamforming.
The WUSB6300 balances its small size against decent range and throughput. While the spec does limit the 2.4 GHz scores, the speeds on 5 GHz, even on the more extended distance tests, bring home the win for throughput on three of the six criteria for this increasingly competitive category of the adapter.back to menu ↑
6.Cudy AC 650Mbps
- Upgrade to 433Mbps +200Mbps WiFi Speed. Combined with 802.11ac technology, Cudy WU650 brings a 300% speed boost compared with other N150 wireless usb adapter on the market. The maximum speed reaches 433Mbps on 5GHz and 200Mbps on 2.4GHz, greatly improve the performance.
- Enjoy ultra fast 5GHz. Unlike other 2.4GHz single band 150Mbps wireless adapter, WU650 provides a better user experience by providing both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands, making it possible to enjoy 433Mbps ultra-fast 5GHz Wi-Fi speed, no longer have to endure the slow and crowded 2.4GHz.
This Wi-Fi adapter promises decent speed. While the 2.5 GHz network delivers up to 200 Mbps, the 5 GHz network can reach up to 433 Mbps (maximum speed).
The product reviews have been great regarding this product, especially considering the price. Users have reported a significant boost in Wi-Fi speeds compared to their default Wi-Fi products. Also, the installation is quite easy. When you plug this adapter, it installs by itself and requires no driver installation in most Windows 10 PCs. It works with USB 2.0.back to menu ↑
7.USB WiFi Adapter
- 1) Works with Any WiFi Routers: By using the AC600 USB WiFI adapter, you can upgrade your PC, Laptop or Mac to work with the latest AC WiFi router for faster speed and extended range. No worry about network cabling.
- 2) Easy to use: No driver needed for Windows 10. Other systems, Install the driver via a MINI CD, once you've run the software, you can simply insert the adapter to get connected.
This is a popular product and users love its performance when it comes to network speed. But above that, users love the build quality that is associated with this mini adapter.
This one is built to withstand the test of time, and can handle everyday wear and tear without issues.back to menu ↑
Best Network Adapter for Windows 10 – The best USB Wi-Fi adapter is about security. The security of knowing you have a networking backup should the worst happen and your gaming PC’s ethernet port or built-in Wi-Fi connection catastrophically falls over.
So much of our life is spent online that when it’s suddenly absent it can feel like a limb’s missing, so it’s worth having a backup internet pipe available should the worst happen.