Best Wireless Network Card for Laptop – Speed, reliability, and consistency — these are three qualities to look out for when buying a new Wi-Fi card for a laptop. And if that means shelling out a bit of extra cash, we’d say go for it anyway.
The Laptop WiFi Cards are built to last, so it’s best to get one that will provide you stable and consistent connection for your gaming and streaming. It’ll save you time and money in the long run!
From the above-mentioned wireless modules, I would recommend the Killer AX1650 for the best wireless gaming experience. If you like to future-proof your laptop, go for the new Intel AX210 Wi-Fi 6E card.
1.Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650
Pros & Cons
- PLEASE READ: Card is a PCIe x1 form factor card meant for installation into a Desktop system.
- PLEASE READ: Use only on systems that are running Win10 64 or Linux.
- The Killer AX1650 provides Killer’s most powerful networking technology built on Intel’s most advanced WiFi 6 chipset. The AX1650 delivers up to 2.4 Gbps of throughput, low latencies, and the most reliable connections.
- The AX1650 delivers up to 3X more throughput than previous generation 80MHz 2x2 AC devices when connected to a Wi-Fi 6 Access Point, and features the Killer Control Center 2.0, which gives users a rich interface to optimize their PC’s networking performance.
- Built For Gaming: Killer AX1650 keeps your game fast and smooth with its Advanced Stream Detect 2.0 Technology that automatically detects, classifies, and prioritizes gaming traffic.
Gamers, here’s one for you. This AX Wi-Fi card is built for gaming with its Advanced Stream Detect 2.0 technology. This allows the adapter to identify, sort, and prioritize gaming traffic. Meanwhile, its GameFast technology halts processes that are not related to gaming. This gives you 10 percent more CPU cycles and 20 percent of memory.
The Killer AX1650 also provides great connectivity. With a Wi-Fi 6 router, this module can get three times more throughput than earlier 80MHz 2×2 AC devices. It’s also got up to 4 times more network capacity in dense environments. This adapter also comes with Bluetooth 5.1.
2.WiFi 6E AX210
Pros & Cons
- 【Ultrafast Wi-Fi Speed】OKN AX210 Brings wifi into 6GHz, Update your wifi to Tri-Band. Max Speed up to 574Mbps @2.4GHz + 2400Mbps @5GHz +2400Mbps @6GHz. 2.4GHz for the long range, 5GHz for the high speed, 6GHz for the higher speed, Interference free and Ultra-low Latency
- 【WiFi 6E Technology 】AX210 wifi Module has the latest wifi 6 R2 technology and frequency band resources, which can be compatible with existing wifi routers and wifi routers to be released soon, such as ASUS, Netgear and tplink
- 【Upgraded from AX200】AX210 has all the features of AX200, such as MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, OFDMA, 160MHz, etc
- 【Compatible With BT 5.2】BT 5.2 is coming with AX210. Compared with 5.1, it has larger capacity, higher speed and extremely low latency
- 【WPA3 Network Security】Support WPA WPA2 WPA3 Network Security
- 【System Supported】Support Windows10/11 64-bit. It works with Intel CPU and Newer AMD CPU. Download the driver from the intel web by searching "AX210"
It is too early for a WiFi 6E card upgrade. However, if you are into the latest technology and want to future-proof your laptop with the Wi-Fi 6E adapter, this might be the right choice. It uses the newest AXE wireless standard, which allows you to utilize a 6GHz band for gaming and streaming within the short range. Enjoy up to 574Mbps to 2400Mbps of speed on 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, and 6GHz bands with 160MHz wireless channels.
The only downside is right now; there is only one Wi-Fi 6E router available. However, this tri-band WiFi card comes with backward compatibility, which allows you to use it with 802.11ax/ac/b/g/n devices but will be limited to 2.4 and 5GHz bands. You can find the detailed specs of AX210 on the Intel product page for AX210.
Pros & Cons
- Support 2.4GHz or 5GHz band to all your devices blazing wireless transmission rate up to 300Mbps, Dual-band wifi AX with speeds up to 2.4Gbps 5Ghz and up to 574Mbps 2.4Ghz; Supports 80Mhz and 160Mhz channel for smart home devices with no buffering.Backward compatible with 802.11 b/g/n/ac and 802.11ax,Supports new WPA3 more secure wifi security. This wifi adapter for the laptop is designed for mini PCIe laptops with Windows 10 64bit support.
- This Wi-Fi 6 Half mini pcie networking card for gaming pc laptops has the sixth generation of the Wi-Fi standard, such as Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA), uplink Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO), and higher-order coding 1,024-QAM. Wi-Fi 6 achieves four times higher network bandwidth and four times more concurrent users than Wi-Fi 5;
- Match wifi 6 devices laptop will deliver the best results: ASUS Gigabit WiFi Router GT-AX11000 RT-AX88U RT-AX92U RT-AX95Q RT-AX95U GT-AX6000 RT-AX58U,D-Link DIR-X6060 DIR-X9000 Netgear RAX200 (Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12) RAX80 (Nighthawk AX8) RAX120 (Nighthawk AX12) RAX40 (Nighthawk AX4)WiFi Router, TP-Link Archer AX11000 Archer AX1500 Archer AX1800 Tplink Archer AX6000 Archer AX3000 Calix GigaSpire Routers etc.
- Supported Operating Systems：Support Windows 10/11 64-bit Only (Driver Downloads from I n t e l Website,search "Wi-Fi 6 AX200 "); Wi-Fi 6 MPE-AX3000H 160MHz IEEE:802.11abgn+ac+ax Interface: Half Size Mini PCI-E 2x2 WLAN/BT PCI-E Combo Adapter Card.
- New BT5.0 Function Equipped with Bluetooth devices BT5.0 Technology: Support connecting with Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth stereo, Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth mouse and others for more convenience and demand. Efficient WiFi Emission Insert it in a desktop computer to build wireless WIFI signals. Mobile Phones, laptops, tablets, PCS are able to connect.
- High-quality circuit module board with a mini body, efficiency avoid from corrosion and abrasion, durable and portable to use. Compatible With:Almost all computers with mini PCI Express Interfaces; Such as used on Samsung/Dell/Sony/ACER/ISUS/MSI/Clevo/Terransforce/Hasee etc,but do not support all IBM/Thinkpad/Lenovo/HP laptops.
This WiFi 6 card supports the latest 802.11ax technology, such us OFDMA, 1024QAM, Target Wake Time, deliver from 80MHz to 160MHz higher peak data rates up to 2.4Gbps, and up to 4X capacity improvement in dense or congested environments comparing to 802.11ac. With this WiFi 6 wireless module, you can enjoy 8K movies, large file transfer, and smart home devices without dropped connections
Bluetooth 5.0 for TWS Earbuds:Idea for Bluetooth TWS Earbuds, headset, Keyboard, Mouse and others for more conveniences and demands with this WiFi 6 module.
Pros & Cons
- Next Gen Wi-Fi 6 - future proof your PC with the next-gen Wi-Fi 6 technology, providing up to 2.7x faster speed than the previous Wi-Fi generation with up to 2.4 Gaps.
- Bluetooth 5.0 - equip your system with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology, letting you connect to all your Bluetooth devices with transmission speeds up to 2x faster With up to 4x greater range.
- Ofdma and MU-MIMO - working together, ofdma and MU-MIMO technology ensure full Wi-Fi speeds to your computer even in a congested network with multiple devices
- WPA3 security - relax with a peace of mind with the latest Wi-Fi security standard, protecting your computer and data from external attacks
- External antenna base - an included external antenna base allows you to position and optimize your network coverage and reception
The Asus RT-AX3000 (as well as its RT-AX58U variant) is among the most affordable Wi-Fi 6 routers in the market, and that’s the least interesting thing about it.
This little Wi-Fi machine delivers a lot more than its compact design suggests. It has a ton of useful features and the support for the venerable 160 MHz channel bandwidth. Featuring Asus’s AiMesh, you can use a couple of hardware units as (part of) a versatile Wi-Fi mesh system.
5.Wireless WiFi 6 AX200NGW
Pros & Cons
- AX200 Kit Wi-Fi 6 Technology: This WiFi 6 Card supports the latest 802.11ax technology, such as OFDMA, 1024QAM, Target Wake Time, deliver from 80MHz to 160MHz higher peak data rates up to 2.4Gbps, and up to 4X capacity improvement in dense or congested environments comparing to 802.11ac. With this WiFi 6 wireless module, you can enjoy 8K movies, large file transfer, and smart home devices without dropped connections. Driver:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/Intel-Wi-Fi-6-AX200
- REKONG AX200 desktop kit arrives in an M.2 2230 NGFF interface, not for CNVI, supporting Dual-Band which has a maximum speed of 2.4 Gbps on the 5GHz (160 MHz) band and around 574 MB/s using 2.4 GHz band (802.11ax in both). The module support MU-MIMO, 2x2 TX/RX channels with two 6dbi antennas, and BT5.1. In addition to only for Windows 10,64 bit and Google Chrome OS, there's also Linux support, enabled in the Linux 5.1 kernel.
- REKONG AX200 kit compact desktop PCs with M.2 NGFF motherboard:Samsung/Dell/Sony/ACER/ASUS/MSI/Clevo/Terransforce /Hasee Asrock Fatality X X370 etc HP desktop PCs.Only for Intel CPU in 4/5th/6th/7th/8th generation with NGFF M.2 A/E Key Interface. Lenovo(ThinkPad) Desktop PCs: Only for Intel CPU in 6th/7th/8th generation with NGFF M.2 A/E Key Interface. Compatible Desktop PCs with NGFF M.2 motherboard(no brand limitation):MSI,ASUS,GIGABYTE,HP,DELL,LENOVO etc.
- Matching WiFi 6 devices will deliver the best results REKONG AX200 kit, like having a compatible router for wifi 6: ASUS GT-AX11000 RT-AX88U RT-AX92U RT-AX95Q RT-AX95U GT-AX6000 RT-AX58U Arris SURFboard W31 TG9442 D-Link DIR-X6060 DIR-X9000 Netgear RAX200 (Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12) RAX80 (Nighthawk AX8) RAX120 (Nighthawk AX12) RAX40 (Nighthawk AX4) RAX40 (Nighthawk AX4) TP-LINK Archer AX11000 Archer AX1500 Archer AX1800 Archer AX6000 Calix GigaSpire GS2020E GS2026E Charter RAX1V1K NEC BL1000HW
- New BT5.1 Function Equipped with BT5.1 technology. BT5.1 provides a 4x Range over BT4.2, doubles the transmit speed for faster transmissions thereby reducing the overall power support connecting with Bluetooth TWS Earbuds, Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth stereo, Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth mouse, and others for more conveniences and demands. Efficient WiFi Emission Insert it into a desktop computer to build wireless WIFI signals. Mobile phones, desktops, tablets, PCs are able to connect.
Similar to the previous tests I have some inconstant results with iperf, probably due to user error. The speeds typically peaked at 940Mbps though the speed does vary more than a wired connection usually jumping from 850Mbps to 900+Mbps.
Similarly, the file transfer peaked at about the same speed. However, subjectively, the connection remained far more stable. For the vast majority of the file transfer, the speeds remained at 113MB/s indicating that it was easily able to max out the gigabit wired connection.
6.Ubit AX WiFi 6
Pros & Cons
- #Three Band with a total speed of up to 5400Mbps, the Ubit AX210S WiFi card meets your needs whether you are using 5Ghz, 2.4Ghz or the latest 6Ghz.
- #6 GHz addresses Wi-Fi spectrum shortage by providing contiguous spectrum blocks to accommodate 14 additional 80 MHz channels and 7 additional 160 MHz channels which are needed for high-bandwidth applications that require faster data throughput such as high-definition video streaming and virtual reality.#
- #6GHz Wi-Fi offers not just a new swath of airwaves for routers to use, but a spacious swath that doesn’t require overlapping signals like on some current Wi-Fi channels. The new spectrum has enough room for up to seven maximum-capacity Wi-Fi streams to all be broadcast simultaneously and not interfere with each other — all without using any of the previously available spectrum.#
- #Minimized lag for your pc Revolutionary OFDMA reduces lag so you can enjoy ultra-responsive real-time gaming or an immersive VR experience.#
- #BT 5.2 for greater speeds and coverage. AX210S is equipped with the latest BT 5.2 Technology achieving 2x faster speeds and 4x broader coverage than BT 4.2 Connect as many devices as you want including game controllers headphones and keyboards for the ultimate setup.#
Everything has become wireless. So, why are you still using Ethernet Cable to connect your desktop computer with the router?
Of course, as you are now reading this article, you might be thinking about going wireless, aren’t you? Then don’t worry, because I am going to help you find the best Wi-Fi card for you.
As we know most of the motherboards available in the market, come with inbuilt Wi-Fi, but they often do not provide high speed and good connections. To improve this, you have to install a Wi-fi card.
7.Network Card 7260HMW
Pros & Cons
- Only Use For HALF MINI PCI-E Interface, Do not use for NGFF interface
- Supported Operating Systems: Win7, Win8, Win10, Linux, does not support XP system.Delivers dramatically faster Wi-Fi speeds (up to 867 Mbps1) than 802.11n, with more bandwidth per stream 433 Mbps), more capacity for more users (extended channel bonding 80MHz), broader coverage and better battery life (more data transmit efficiencies reduce power consumption)
- Delivers dramatically faster Wi-Fi speeds (up to 867 Mbps1) than 802.11n, with more bandwidth per stream 433 Mbps), more capacity for more users (extended channel bonding 80MHz), broader coverage and better battery life (more data transmit efficiencies reduce power consumption).
- Not compatible with IBM Lenovo Thinkpad and HP machines and AMD Motherboard.
There is a reason why many people prefer buying products from Amazon. Despite being a credible platform, Amazon has a variety of laptops and also works directly with manufacturers. This means that instead of purchasing your laptop from a retailer, you get it directly from the manufacturing company.
Amazon serves as a third-party and works with various manufacturers across the world. The good thing about Amazon is that it offers a perfect guide about each type of laptop.You will see a clear description of each Intel Dual Band Wireless-Ac 7260 Review. This makes it easy for you to make the right decision.
Best Wireless Network Card for Laptop – No matter the brand or model, we all buy laptops for the same reason — mobility. So it can get pretty frustrating when your Laptop WiFi Card conks out, and you’re left tied to the Ethernet. Luckily, tons of M.2 WiFi modules are available online, including 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 & 6E, which can easily solve your problem.
If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi card to upgrade your laptop with, then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll provide you an overview of today’s best wireless modules offering different features and capabilities for your laptop. Featuring some of the best 802.11ax WiFi cards for laptops, including the next-gen WiFi 6 and the newest 6E from Intel.